[Resolved] Primary menu not working on full site

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Primary menu not working on full site

Home Forums Support Primary menu not working on full site

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Walt

I have a weird problem. I’ve just started development on a site and am using GeneratePress and Beaver Builder. I was playing around with event plugins, and after installing Events Manager, my primary menu stopped working. (Events Manager installs an Events page on install, but I already had an events page created.)

After deactivating Events Manager, deleting the plugin and clearing the cache, the primary menu is still not working. I then deleted the menu and recreated it – still no-go.

The primary menu doesn’t work on Safari or Firefox (or in Customize in WordPress). The primary menu works on mobile (Android/Chrome). The secondary menu continues to work.

If i open a page other than Home, the primary menu will work until I go back to Home, then it will not work any more. (Other pages: /events, /newsletter, /chirps)

Any ideas?

http://www.development.mrvac.org

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi Tracy,

It looks like the slider you have has a negative top margin, bringing it over top of the menu items (although it’s invisible).

This is the offending CSS:

.fl-node-57ed0fb6ae760 > .fl-row-content-wrap {
        margin-top: -40px;
    }

You can try setting it to 0 if there’s not an option in Beaver Builder to do it:

.fl-node-57ed0fb6ae760 > .fl-row-content-wrap {
        margin-top: 0px;
    }

Hope this helps πŸ™‚

Walt

There we go – thank you! Sometimes it’s the littlest things . . . . πŸ™‚

BTW – From what I’ve learned about BB – which, admittedly, isn’t much yet – the only way to get my slider to butt up against the menu is to set the margin to -40, but obviously, that means the menu doesn’t work. I guess there are built-in margins I need to overwrite with individual margin settings. I’ll keep exploring from the BB side.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Glad I could help! πŸ™‚

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.