[Resolved] Primary menu: must click. Hover not working

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Primary menu: must click. Hover not working

Home Forums Support Primary menu: must click. Hover not working

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Wendy Peck

Hi — I have tried everything I can think of to fix this. I have it set the menu to hover in the customizer, but only a click works to activate the dropdown menu items. It works properly in the customizer preview, but not on any page in the actual site.

This is a woocommerce site (but woo was turned off and it still didn’t work)

I have turned off all plugins. Same result.

I have many other sites with GP and the GP addons, and even some with Woo, and have never run into this.

Any ideas? I’ve made some changes in the functions file, as well as a few edits in the single-product template. Nothing related to the nav, however. Does that ring a bell for anyone?

I’m mystified.

Wendy

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hmm, what changes have you made to the functions.php file? Hopefully not to the core theme file?

Any chance you can link me to your site?

Wendy Peck

I just added a couple of woo-related things (like a custom product tab) to functions.php, but in a child theme file. I did remove that file just to test to see if maybe something in there was causing the menu problem. It’s the only site I have done on a Windows server. Could that make a difference? Nothing makes sense when you consider that it is working on the customizer preview, but not on the site. That’s the biggest head-scratcher for me, and frustrating, since every bit of my knowledge of how the admin panel works would leave room in a thimble.

I could send you the url, but my client is paranoid about privacy before the site is launched. Is there a way to send it privately to you?

Thanks,

Wendy

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Do you have any caching plugins activated?

You can send it through the Contact page on this site.

Wendy Peck

I sent the url through the account section of your contact page. No caching plugins even installed yet. Besides, I shut them all down and it didn’t change a thing. I just checked in Firefox (duh!) and it is working fine there. I’ll have to shut Chrome down and see if it is a natural cache hangup.

Wendy Peck

Well, you actually cut through the issue by questioning the cache. I restarted Chrome and it is fine. I should quit when I am working this late and something makes no sense.

Anyway, it’s fixed. Thanks for your attention. I would have had to leave the computer with it still a problem.

Never miss a change to say how much I love this theme. ๐Ÿ™‚

Wendy

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Caching can be such a pain sometimes.

Glad it’s working now ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.