[Resolved] Primary menu appearing in mobile (even though I’m only using secondary)

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Primary menu appearing in mobile (even though I’m only using secondary)

Home Forums Support Primary menu appearing in mobile (even though I’m only using secondary)

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Colin

Hi, my site is – https://www.skillpacks.com/ – you will see in the desktop version that I’m only using the secondary menu. However, in the mobile version it also displays a primary menu (I have no idea how, because I haven’t defined a primary menu!). How do I stop this? Thanks. And sorry if I’ve missed something obvious! (I have tried to find the answer myself, no joy).

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

out of interest. Why use the Secondary Navigation and no Primary Nav ?

Colin

Hi David, I just liked the way that the secondary navigation displayed, so went with it, without too much exploration or thought. Can you see any wider issues with just using the secondary navigation? Your thoughts on this and the question above appreciated!

Fernando
    Customer Support

Hi Colin,

Well, some features appear by default on the Primary Nav like the GP search functionality and the Off canvas panel toggle button.

You should also be able to design the primary nav as you have in the secondary nav.

Our primary recommendation would be to use the Primary nav instead. May we know if you’re having any troubles with designing the primary nav? Maybe we can assist you?

Colin

I’ve looked at Primary Nav in Customize. I think what I was missing was the Navigation Location ‘below header’ option, this should help. However, I’ve tried to set up a new menu with the display location ‘primary menu’ but nothing is visible on my site. Any advice appreciated!

Fernando
    Customer Support

Can you provide temporary admin access to your site? We’ll try to check what’s going on.

Please use the private information field for this: https://docs.generatepress.com/article/using-the-premium-support-forum/#private-information

Colin

Thank you, details provided in Private Info.

Fernando
    Customer Support

Thanks.

In Appearance > Menus, your menu is still set as the secondary menu. Try setting it as the primary menu, or create a new menu and set that as the primary menu.

Colin

Yes, I realize it is set as the secondary menu. I resent it to secondary because when I set it to primary it did not appear. You’re welcome to test it yourself…

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

In Appearance > Elements you have a Header Element titled: New Header
    Edit that. And on the Site Header tab, set the Navigation Location to Default

OR … i am not sure what the Element is for. If its not required, you could just delete it.

Colin

I deleted the ‘New Header’ – I’ve got no idea where that came from, and it fixed the problem. Thank you! Wonderful support as usual!!!

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Glad to be of help!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.