[Resolved] Previous and Next Post Link won´t show up

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Previous and Next Post Link won´t show up

Home Forums Support Previous and Next Post Link won´t show up

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Mirko

Hello Tom,

first of all I´d like to say that I really appreciate your theme! Great work!
    Maybe you can help me with my little problem:

I´d like to display a “previous and next post” link at the bottom of every post so that you can go directly to the next post whithout going back to the post overview page. Therefore I configured “Display post navigation” under Customizing ▸ Layout Blog ▸ Single, but nothing happend. When adding “Display post categories” the categories are visible on the post page, but there´s no link to the next post. I think the post navigation should be within the tag <footer class=”entry-meta”>, but when checking the code inspector there´s just the categories, no next post link…

First I thought it´s because of my child theme (I made some changes in the functions), but when activating the “normal” Generate Press theme the problem ist the same: no post navigation 🙁

Maybe you have any idea?

Thanks in advance and best wishes from Germany!

Mirko

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Hmm the option should work. Are you using any caching plugins? If so try clearing it first.

If that doesn’t help, any custom functions?

If not then try #1 here to eliminate plugin conflicts first: https://docs.generatepress.com/article/debugging-tips/

Mirko

Hi Leo,

thanks for the immediate answer. There was something wrong with the post type, which I could fix.

I have another little question regarding he post navigation which I will aks in another post.

Thanks again for the great theme and the really quick help!

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Glad you figured out 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.