[Resolved] Preview not matching live

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Preview not matching live

Home Forums Support Preview not matching live

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Christopher

Hi guys,
    could you have a look at below please? I put the admin log in info into the private field.

I have added a background color #fafafa to the title of the news and this is how it looks in the editor:
    2022-07-14_15-28-33

However, when viewing live, the background color is not showing up:
    2022-07-14_15-29-40

Thanks,
    Chris

Ying
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Chris,

The background color is showing correctly, you can see it clearer if I set it to red:
    https://www.screencast.com/t/riyxTmixyp

It doesn’t cover the entire text area, because you’ve set a negative margin-top for it, if you remove that margin, it should show normally.

Christopher

Thanks, but I need the margin to be set that way to overlap the white bottom part of the image. I would like it to be displayed exactly as it does in the editor pretty much.

Ying
    Staff
    Customer Support

Then wrap a container block outside the texts and add the negative top margin to the container instead of the headline block.

Christopher

Thanks,

Ive tried that but its still being displayed the same way, could you double check if ive done a mistake? I pretty much just removed the margin from the headline, put that headline into a new container and added the margin in that container.

Another quick question, Ive added an image as a logo under Site Identity to replace the text, but somehow its not aligned centered. Is that normal?

Cheers,
    Chris

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

the Container block with the Headline, in its Spacing set the z-index to 1
    However are you trying to have this part of the image show a different background color?

2022-07-17_13-46-48

Christopher

Thanks david, the z-index did the trick. I just wanted to overlap that part with the text background color and it worked with the z-index- cheers!

Any idea about this? Or should I do another thread for it?
    “Another quick question, Ive added an image as a logo under Site Identity to replace the text, but somehow its not aligned centered. Is that normal?”

I actually noticed that my “Montenegro Coworking space & live music bar” tagline was still showing up, once I hide it, the logo is cantered. I would like to keep the tagline though for SEO purposes with fully transparent / non-visible font. Or is that not good practice? I want to keep the header of the website as clean as possible, but want people to find the website if they search for any of the terms in the tagline.

I also noticed that it looks bad on mobile devices, see here: https://www.screencast.com/t/MpuBAyaPGT – is there any way I can add a margin for mobile views only to have more of a space between the top of the site and the logo?

Thanks,
    Chris

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

If you want to stack the logo on top of the site tag line then try this CSS:

.site-header .site-branding-container {
        display: flex;
        flex-direction: column;
    }
    Christopher

Thanks, I tried it but in the mobile view the logo is still stuck to the top :/

Ying
    Staff
    Customer Support

It’s because the header paddings for mobile are set to 0:
    https://www.screencast.com/t/j5a5CeoTdiT

Christopher

awesome, thanks!

Ying
    Staff
    Customer Support

No problem 🙂

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.