[Support request] Preview for Frontpage is not working

Home Forums Support [Support request] Preview for Frontpage is not working

Home Forums Support Preview for Frontpage is not working

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Simeon

When i edit the front page, no matters which page is set as front page, the “preview” function does not work. it allways shows a new tab with “Page not found”.
    this is only when the page is set as front page. if the same page is not set as front page, the preview works fine.
    do you have an idea?

i am using the last version of the theme, of GP premium and version 5.6 of WordPress.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

if you have the Front Page ( or any page ) set to display your Latest Posts then WP converts to the main archive page. Those pages are not editable or previewable as they are no longer a static page.

What changes are you trying to make ?

Simeon

Hi David, thanks for your reply.
    yes if i set the front page to display the posts, i will get the posts (archive). i know. but it is a normal page witout any post.
    and it is only the preview that is not working. if i save/publish the changes, it is displayed in the right way.
    or if i duplicate the page and preview the changes on the duplicate, it is displayed in the right way. only the page, that is selected as front page is not working in the “preview changes” mode.

I re-installed wp, re-installed the theme, deactivated all third party plugins, also added a empty new page and set it as front page, but that changed nothing. du you have an other idea?
    i would be very thankful!

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

If i look at your site in the link provided above the Front Page is built with WP Bakery…. am i looking at the correct site / page ?

Simeon

yes, it is built with wpBakery.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Sorry i am not experienced with that plugin – where is the Preview option ? in the WP editor on in WP Bakery?

Simeon

it is the preview button in the WP editor. wpBakery only helps with the layout of the content. all other fields and settings of the page are made in the WP editor.

And as the error appears only on the page, that is selected as front page, i thought, it could be something with the theme?
    As i described: if i select an other page as front page, the other page is not working in preview mode.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Setting Front Page and Previewing from the editor is a core WP function, GP doesn’t interfere with that. Have you checked for plugin conflicts – by temporarily disabling other plugins ?

Simeon

Thanks David, for digging in this for me! I deactivated all plugins already yesterday, but nothing changed.
    today i did it again an now it works.
    I activated the same plugins as i deactivated and it works now.
    maybe magic?
    Thanks David. I am happy now!

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Beats me lol – the wonders of wordpress are many 🙂

Glad to hear you got it resolved.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.