[Resolved] Preview Changes button issues

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Preview Changes button issues

Home Forums Support Preview Changes button issues

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Patricia

First of all, I have to say that I am loving this theme!!

There is one little issue I’ve been dealing with that I have yet to be able to figure out. When I make changes to a page and want to preview before updating, I have to click the Preview Changes button two times. I click the button once, then need to wait for the “preview” page to completely refresh (although it does not yet reflect any changes, so it is not actually a preview), then upon a second click it refreshes again to display the preview of my changes.

It’s not a huge deal, but as we all know, those extra 20-second chunks of wait-time can sure add up! πŸ˜‰

Has anybody else experienced this? Do you have a recommendation for a fix?

Thanks!!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

Is this happening when editing pages or in the Customizer?

Can you try #1 on this page and let me know if it still happens?: https://generatepress.com/knowledgebase/debugging/

Patricia

Hi!

I tried deactivating the handful of non-GP plugins (on my local server, I did not try this on the live site – but I can try that too if you think it might act differently online), and still experienced the same thing:

1. Make change on a page
    2. Click “preview page”
    3. The “preview page” page refreshes without the changes
    4. Click “preview page” a 2nd time
    5. The “preview page” page refreshes and shows the changes

It happens when I’m editing the pages themselves (not in the customizer).

Thanks!!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

And what about when you disable your GP plugins?

Thanks! πŸ™‚

Patricia

I tried disabling the Lightweight Grid Columns and Lightweight Social Icons, but to no avail.

I didn’t disable the “GP Premium” plugin, since that’s a huge part of my website, haha. Do you think I should try that, though?

Thanks again, for trying to help me get to the bottom of this!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

If it’s on your localhost then disabling GP Premium temporarily shouldn’t matter, right?

If so, try just deactivating Sections – if any add-on will cause issues with this it’s that one.

Let me know πŸ™‚

Patricia

Yes, you’re right – I’m on the safety of the local server. πŸ™‚

I disabled “sections,” and lo-and-behold, the preview button worked great. Unfortunately, though, I’ve build my whole site in sections, LOL.

Do you have any advice?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

I’ve been rebuilding Sections from scratch recently – it’s getting pretty close to testing.

The rebuild should have this fixed as well as some other issues.

If you’d like to email me at support@generatepress.com, I can send you the rebuild once it’s ready for testing.

Let me know πŸ™‚

Patricia

Thank you! I just sent an email. I really appreciate all your support and the great product!!

– Patricia

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Thanks! I’ll send you the beta when it’s ready πŸ™‚

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.