[Support request] Preload key requests

Home Forums Support [Support request] Preload key requests

Home Forums Support Preload key requests

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Jason

Google page speed insights keeps saying that I need to preload key requests and gives the following information on how to do that here:

Consider using <link rel=preload> to prioritize fetching resources that are currently requested later in page load.

Problem is, I have no idea how to add this to my header and would like to know if there is a tutorial on how do do this? It is costing me 2.07 s per PSI report and I have been losing mobile traffic due to a low PSI score.

Thank you

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

Which requests are you needing to add this to?

Autoptimize might be worth checking out. This topic has some interesting info: https://wordpress.org/support/topic/preload-5/

Jason

All of the pages i have tested in google PSI have had this issue under mobile. Therefore, i guess i need to add the entire site?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

I wouldn’t do it to the entire site – I think that defeats the purpose.

If you have resources loading in the footer of your website, then it might be a good idea to preload those so they aren’t delayed as your content loads.

I’m not entirely sure how to do that without some custom coding, but I’m sure there are some plugins out there that do exactly this.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.