[Resolved] Pre-migration question

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Pre-migration question

Home Forums Support Pre-migration question

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Lisa

Hi,
    I’m planning on moving a site out of a subdirectory off another site’s domain and onto its own domain. I know I’ll have to change links, etc., and saw other references in the forum to Velvetblues.com-thanks.
    Do I need to do anything with my GeneratePress or ShowPosts licenses ahead of time to indicate the new URL it will be going to?
    I was planning to copy the site files and make any needed adjustments, rather than move it all at once so I plan to have two instances of the Pro themes/plugins functioning at the same time.
    Thanks for the guidance.
    -L.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Do I need to do anything with my GeneratePress or ShowPosts licenses ahead of time to indicate the new URL it will be going to?

No need to do anything ahead of the time. Just make sure to resave your license key otherwise there would be an unauthorized error during plugin updates:
    https://docs.generatepress.com/article/updating-issues/#getting-an-unauthorized-message

Lisa

Thanks. I am completely in love with everything GP these days. You all are such pros, your software is lean and elegant, and everyone is so helpful. Thank you.
    -L.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Glad to hear!!

Thanks for supporting GP 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.