[Support request] Powerpoint-style presentation withing GeneratePress?

Home Forums Support [Support request] Powerpoint-style presentation withing GeneratePress?

Home Forums Support Powerpoint-style presentation withing GeneratePress?

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Jud

Is making a page or series of pages that can be presented like a powerpoint supported by GeneratePress?

If not, what tools do people recommend?

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Can’t quite picture what you are after.

Any chance you can provide an example where you’ve seen it?

Let me know 🙂

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Powerpoint presentation plugins seemed to have gone by the by, there is slideshare but i believe that is a remote service. The only one left in the WP Repo that is almost up to date is this and it does support remote control:

https://en-gb.wordpress.org/plugins/presenter/

Alternatively you can embed a powerpoint presentation in your site like so (have a cup of tea on the ready):

https://en.support.wordpress.com/powerpoint-web-app/

Or you could use GP Sections set to full height for each slide. And make some yourself.

Jud

Thanks for your answers, guys.

I teach a number of classes (Arduino, Kanji, Laser Cutter) at my hackerspace (FreesideAtlanta.org) and could use Google Chrome to cast my desktop to a projector.

I have bought a better, used laptop, but its particular graphics “card” (actually part of the motherboard) does not play nice with Chrome, so only one tab of Chrome (rather than the entire desktop) can be cast.

So, I’d like to use GP or some other extension of WP to store presentations as web pages.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Jud, maybe give the powerpoint embed a go, then at least you can always fire up the powerpoint presentation if needed and they make life easier if you have to print them……

Aaron

I have the embed code for the simple PowerPoint slides.
    I then added a new page to my site.
    I selected the HTML block and pasted the embed code there.
    when I click publish, I get the following response:
    “Updating failed. The response is not a valid JSON response.”

I’m not sure what my next move should be to fix this issue. Can anyone help out?

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hmm the page saves ok without the code in the HTML block?

If so you would need to check with the plugin support unfortunately.

Aaron

Yes. Without the HTML block, the page saves ok. With the PowerPoint embed script in the HTML block, I get the JSON error, whatever that is.

Therefore, you said I should check with the plugin support. I didn’t install a plugin as the WordPress instructions on the link David posted above and the instructions from MS Office do not reference any plugin that needs to be used. Is that where I’m going wrong?

I get the feeling something (WordPress or GeneratePress) maight not support iFrames… maybe?

Aaron

Some progress made. By editing the page in “Code Editor” mode I pasted the embed code from PowerPoint then switched back to visual editor. I am now able to see the PowerPoint presentation, and flip through the slides, while the page is in Edit mode (that didn’t happen if I just used an Embed HTML block).

So everything looks perfect in page edit mode, but when I hit publish, I still get that JSON error and nothing gets published.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

maybe this plugin could do the job ?

https://wordpress.org/plugins/document-emberdder/

Aaron

That did it! Thanks.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Awesome – glad to hear that!

Aaron

I am getting the same JSON error: “Updating failed. The response is not a valid JSON response” now because of my podcast embed code. This embed code has always worked on my site. Why all of a sudden is it not working now? I didn’t change anything.

Here is the embed code I am using in a Shortcode block:
    <iframe src=”https://www.podbean.com/media/player/multi?playlist=http%3A%2F%2Fplaylist.podbean.com%2F5814993%2Fplaylist_multi.xml&vjs=1&size=430&skin=2&episode_list_bg=%23ffffff&bg_left=%231E73BE&bg_mid=%236C97BD&bg_right=%238DAECB&podcast_title_color=%23000000&episode_title_color=%23000000&auto=0&share=1&fonts=Helvetica&download=0&rtl=0&show_playlist_recent_number=10&#8243; title=”The Doers Class Podcast” width=”100%” height=”430″ scrolling=”no” style=”border: none;”></iframe>

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Could you raise a new topic where you can share a link to the site where the issue can be seen?

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.