[Support request] Potential Bug = Click – Menu Item

Home Forums Support Potential Bug = Click – Menu Item

This topic contains 11 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  David 1 month, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

Gary

Hi Guys

I think I have found a bug in GeneratePress Premium.

My clients site was using:

Navigation Drop-down
    Click – Menu Item

But I have had to change it to hover as when ‘Click – Menu Item’ is selected the top level page is no longer clickable, when you click it, it simply opens up the dropdown menu.

My client particularly wants the ‘Click – Menu Item’ so it’s a bit of an issue.

Cheers

Gary

David Customer Support

Hi there,

how would that work ? Clicking on a Menu item can only do one thing – its not possible to have it open a sub menu and navigate to a new URL….

Am i missing something ?

Gary

Hi David

Yes mate you are missing something, perhaps I haven’t explained myself very well.

So here is the problem:

• In the customiser under layout I had set the primary navigation to Navigation Drop-down = Click – Menu Item
    • When this setting is enabled the top level links do not work. In this case the links I mean are The Fund, The Centre, Charity Shop, Help Us, Community
    • Clicking on these links does nothing other than open the sub menu even though the top level links are pages
    • In the customiser under layout if I set the primary navigation Navigation Drop-down option to either ‘Hover’ or ‘Click – Arrow’ the top level links The Fund, The Centre, Charity Shop, Help Us, Community work again

I hope that makes sense buddy.

Cheers

Gary

David Customer Support

Nope i think i got that 🙂

What i don’t get is the expected result of clicking a top level menu item that has a submenu. How can clicking a top level menu ( with a sub menu ) perform both actions ? ie. link to its own page as well as open the sub menu.

Or does the client want the submenu to only be available if you’re on the parent page?

Gary

OK can you try clicking on the link in the menu named ‘The Centre’ please mate. You will see it takes you to a page. Once you have done that let me know and I will change the setting for you to see the change.

David Customer Support

Ok – i am on /pear-tree-centre-halesworth page

Gary

Right Mate, I have changed the setting under ‘Navigation Drop-down’ to Navigation Drop-down = Click – Menu Item. Now go back to the home page and try clicking on that link again.

David Customer Support

Thats the intended behaviour of the Click - Menu Item option.
    Generally users will add a dead link where the URL is just a # for those top level items. Then put all the links as sub (-sub) menus

Gary

Right OK mate, but this used to work, that is the bit I’m not getting. I have changed it back to hover now.

Gary

It also works on the Click – Arrow

Gary

Obviously this could be me going mad mate 😉

David Customer Support

Could be both of us 🙂

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.