- This topic has 13 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 5 months, 3 weeks ago by David.
April 7, 2020 at 5:22 am #1229708Gary
I think I have found a bug in GeneratePress Premium.
My clients site was using:
Click – Menu Item
But I have had to change it to hover as when ‘Click – Menu Item’ is selected the top level page is no longer clickable, when you click it, it simply opens up the dropdown menu.
My client particularly wants the ‘Click – Menu Item’ so it’s a bit of an issue.
GaryApril 7, 2020 at 7:06 am #1229789DavidStaffCustomer SupportApril 7, 2020 at 7:21 am #1229804Gary
Yes mate you are missing something, perhaps I haven’t explained myself very well.
So here is the problem:
- In the customiser under layout I had set the primary navigation to Navigation Drop-down = Click – Menu Item
- When this setting is enabled the top level links do not work. In this case the links I mean are The Fund, The Centre, Charity Shop, Help Us, Community
- Clicking on these links does nothing other than open the sub menu even though the top level links are pages
- In the customiser under layout if I set the primary navigation Navigation Drop-down option to either ‘Hover’ or ‘Click – Arrow’ the top level links The Fund, The Centre, Charity Shop, Help Us, Community work again
I hope that makes sense buddy.
GaryApril 7, 2020 at 7:28 am #1229814DavidStaffCustomer Support
Nope i think i got that 🙂
What i don’t get is the expected result of clicking a top level menu item that has a submenu. How can clicking a top level menu ( with a sub menu ) perform both actions ? ie. link to its own page as well as open the sub menu.
Or does the client want the submenu to only be available if you’re on the parent page?April 7, 2020 at 7:32 am #1229822Gary
OK can you try clicking on the link in the menu named ‘The Centre’ please mate. You will see it takes you to a page. Once you have done that let me know and I will change the setting for you to see the change.April 7, 2020 at 7:35 am #1229826DavidStaffCustomer SupportApril 7, 2020 at 7:37 am #1229829Gary
Right Mate, I have changed the setting under ‘Navigation Drop-down’ to Navigation Drop-down = Click – Menu Item. Now go back to the home page and try clicking on that link again.April 7, 2020 at 7:44 am #1229839DavidStaffCustomer Support
Thats the intended behaviour of the
Click - Menu Itemoption.
Generally users will add a dead link where the URL is just a
#for those top level items. Then put all the links as sub (-sub) menusApril 7, 2020 at 7:47 am #1229843Gary
Right OK mate, but this used to work, that is the bit I’m not getting. I have changed it back to hover now.April 7, 2020 at 7:50 am #1229968Gary
It also works on the Click – ArrowApril 7, 2020 at 8:04 am #1229979Gary
Obviously this could be me going mad mate 😉April 7, 2020 at 10:33 am #1230192DavidStaffCustomer SupportOctober 28, 2020 at 12:33 pm #1508434Jennifer
I’m having this same issue. This functionality worked fine before but is no longer working.October 29, 2020 at 2:26 am #1508921
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.