- This topic has 5 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 2 years, 11 months ago by Tom.
May 21, 2018 at 8:56 pm #581331Martin
I use a different logo on a Page Header to make it more visible against the chosen header background. This works great — whenever the page with this Page Header loads, the default logo is overridden by the one chosen in the Page Header settings.
However, if I upload a Mobile Logo in the customizer (Layout>Header>Mobile Header>On) the logo I chose in Page Header no longer loads on pages where the Page Header is used. Instead, the default logo displays.
How to replicate:
1. Upload a default site logo.
2. Create a Page Header with a different logo.
3. Load a normal page and see the default site logo.
4. Load a page that uses the Page Header with a custom logo and see the alternative logo.
5. Switch on the Mobile Header and upload a mobile logo.
6. Reload the page with the Page Header with a custom logo and you will see the default logo rather than the custom logo originally chosen.GeneratePress 2.1.2GP Premium 1.6.2May 21, 2018 at 9:11 pm #581342TomLead DeveloperLead DeveloperMay 21, 2018 at 9:17 pm #581346Martin
I managed to fix this by renaming the name of the mobile logo and reuploading it again. It seems that something was going wrong in the srcset for the logo. The 1x was fine, but for some reason the 2x was pulling in the wrong logo. By uploading a mobile logo with a different file name, all seems to be working now.
The source code was something like this:
<img class="header-image" src="CORRECT FILE PATH" srcset="CORRECT FILE PATH 1x, WRONG FILE PATH 2x" />May 21, 2018 at 9:19 pm #581348TomLead DeveloperLead DeveloperMay 21, 2018 at 9:20 pm #581350Martin
I’m not sure the srcset was the issue after all, having looked at a cached page — but the solution seems to still work (just upload a mobile logo with a different file name).May 21, 2018 at 9:22 pm #581351TomLead DeveloperLead Developer
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.