[Support request] Posts to be displayed in columns on every category archive but not on homepage

Home Forums Support [Support request] Posts to be displayed in columns on every category archive but not on homepage

Home Forums Support Posts to be displayed in columns on every category archive but not on homepage

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    liz

Hi,

Thanks, Leo for the immediate response. I have another problem to solve..hehe. I need a separate layout for my category archive where my posts are displayed in columns but not on my homepage. I already installed Simple CSS, so I just need the codes that I can insert in there. Thanks!

Ying
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Liza,

You can set the global blog layout to columns in customizer, then use this CSS to make home page post not in columns.

.home .generate-columns-container .post {
        width: 100%;
    }

Let me know πŸ™‚

liz

Thanks, Ying! It worked but now I am having trouble with the customizer. When editing the sidebars, the customizer is working only for the home page and individual post page but not on the category archive page.

The home page and individual post page should be with sidebars, but the category archive should be without a sidebar to make it look more spacious as there are 4 posts displayed in columns for each archive category page. Please help. Thanks.

Ying
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Liza,

Any chance you can link us to the site in question?

You can use the private information field.

Let me know πŸ™‚

liz

Hi, Ying!

My website is in the private information field

Ying
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Liza,

You could use a layout element to achieve this:
    https://docs.generatepress.com/article/layout-element-overview/#sidebar

Choose Content(no sidebars) for sidebar layout, choose All Archives as location in display rule.

Btw this issue is not related to this topic any more, remember to open a new topic for a new question next time, thanks πŸ™‚

liz

Thanks, Ying! Have a nice day.

Ying
    Staff
    Customer Support

You are welcome, glad to help πŸ™‚

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.