[Resolved] Posts on homepage not limiting?

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Posts on homepage not limiting?

Home Forums Support Posts on homepage not limiting?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Daniel

Hey there. Just making the switch to generatepress and I’m formatting everything in the marketing theme.

However, even when I limit the amount of blog posts are seen in the reading section of wordpress, the homepage still displays like 20+ posts.

Any idea how to fix this? I’ve added a link to our staging site.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

That option should work.

Any chance you can disable all plugins except GP Premium to eliminate conflicts from other plugins first?

Let me know ๐Ÿ™‚

Daniel

Still an issue. Just shows like 10-15 posts with 69 pages of pagination

Daniel

It’s also weird like some of them show read more button, some don’t.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

The Blog page shows at most option is a WordPress option so the theme doesn’t actually control it and cannot make it not work.

I would assume there is a plugin conflict somewhere – you still have lots of plugins enabled so I can’t tell.

Can you confirm the same issue exist with a twenty series WP theme?

Daniel

Solved! THe issue was I had sticky posts. Removed those and it worked.

However, one more thing. I want to remove pagination on my homepage. I want to display 10 or so posts and that is it. I had massive indexing issues last time where I had like 20+ home page pages indexed.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Try this CSS:

.blog .paging-navigation {
        display: none;
    }
    Daniel

Awesome! One more question. On the homepage, is there any way I can have it to display xx amount of posts from xx category.

This is primarily for SEO purposes. We have some guides that rank well as well as some individual posts, which are in separate categories. I’d like them to stay on the home page for link equity.

If need be, I can combine them into a single category say “feature posts”. If that’s the case, is there any way to display just posts from a single category on the marketer theme?

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Can you open a new topic for the new question?

Thanks ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.