[Resolved] Post title disappeared

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Post title disappeared

Home Forums Support Post title disappeared

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Bernhard

Hi,
    in some posts the title disappeared. Loading the post, the title flashes up for some milliseconds and then disappears. The only thing I can say is, that only posts made with Elementor are affected. But also rolling back to the previous versions (Elementor 2.9.x) did not bring the titles back.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

the post title is being hidden by some Elementors CSS – can you check in the Elementor settings if there is an option to remove post title?

Bernhard

Hi, yes there is an option to remove the post title but it is not active. Is it possible somehow to force to show the title?
    Elementor made a new version 3.x inserting theme functions but they made a big mass and are now releasing every day a new version. Just an hour ago they released v. 3.0.5 but it did not solve the problem. I tried to roll back to their v. 2.9.13 but the titles did not come back.

Bernhard

Hi, I found the trick in Elementor. There is a tool to regnerate css and after that the titles are there again in v. 2.9.14
    Thank you for your help πŸ™‚

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Glad to hear you found the solution!

Bernhard

Hi,
    Elementor is now at 3.0.9 and the problem with the missing post titles still persists.
    I have seen you made in your beta some fixes for Elementor. Would it be possible to solve the problem on your side?
    This is the staging site with all plugins updated.

Elvin
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Bernhard,

Elementor left a mess on your CSS code. It’s saved in your cached wpfc-minified css.

.elementor-page-title, h1.entry-title {
        display: var(--page-title-display);
    }

I’ve checked your site and the same element doesn’t have the .elementor-page-title class anymore.

You seem to be using WP Fastest Cache. Perhaps you can try Delete Cache and Minified CSS/JS and see what happens.

Alternatively, you can apply a workaround fix by applying h1.entry-title{ display:block !important; } on your custom CSS code. I believe this will instantly solve the issue but I’d still recommend fixing Elementor related mess first.

Let us know if it works for you.:)

Bernhard

Hi Kevin,
    the workaround solved the issue.
    Before I tried to delete the cache and to disable autoptimize, but no success.
    Is it safe to use this on the live side?

Thank you πŸ™‚

Elvin
    Staff
    Customer Support

Is it safe to use this on the live side?

You mean the CSS code? It’s safe. It only affects how things look.

As for deleting cache and minified JS, they usually won’t crash the site but your site will look like a mess if they don’t work. Just back things up first to be sure.

Also, if it works on the staging, it should work on the live site. Assuming everything else is the same.

Bernhard

Thank you πŸ‘

Elvin
    Staff
    Customer Support

No problem.:)

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.