[Resolved] Post Title

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Post Title

Home Forums Support Post Title

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Michael

Way back I decided I’d like the post title in my header area, with the featured image as the backdrop. I still like this, but I also removed the post title from the main content area. I’d like to have both, as long as that doesn’t screw up SEO for duplicate titles etc.

I thought I might have disabled it in the elements area, but can’t see anywhere I’ve done that. Can’t see any custom CSS to remove it either. Could you refresh my memory as to how to get it back, or where else I may have disabled it? Any thoughts on having the title in the header and the post?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

when you use the {{post_title}} template tag in the Header Element, GP automatically removes the Content Title. This is to stop the H1 and the content title from being duplicated. Its not advisable to have duplicate titles as this can affect SEO.

Michael

Sorry for the delay David, thanks for the response. I was just concerned that SEO may not “like” the title being in the header area as opposed to above the content. Sort of sure that it won’t matter, but just wanted to check on how that plays.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Search engines don’t really care where the H1 is displayed. You may find some SEO plugins flag it as it only checks the post content. But that can be ignored.

Michael

Thanks 🙂

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

You’re welcome

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.