- This topic has 4 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 3 months, 2 weeks ago by Leo.
June 5, 2020 at 1:47 pm #1316131jm1991
I have a couple hygiene issues that would be good to resolve; although they may be more of a WordPress thing rather than a GeneratePress thing:
1. Is there a way to stop the /author/ page from being listed? I’ve just added a custom href link that goes to my personal about page as an element header for all post pages. I don’t want an author page about myself as well as a general about page about myself. You’ll see “by [by name]” just to the left hand side of my page.
2. The comment box doesn’t align with GeneratePress’ container width. Could you provide some CSS to sort that please?
3. The “<> inline Code” highlighter doesn’t seem to work on mobile? For the text “The “|” operator means “or” in REGEX”, you’ll see that text “|” is highlighted in grey on desktop, but not mobile (at least for me).
4. I’m trying to understand why I have worse / similar performance metrics on mobile when compared to my homepage ( when using page speed insights), which has more resources to load including more above the fold elements. So I’m surprised metrics like first and largest contentful paint are worse / similar. I’m also not using a hero image on my post pages, so expect those metrics to be quicker vs my homepage. Although the blog page has quite a few videos, they all lazy load in.
Cheers.June 5, 2020 at 2:58 pm #1316198jm1991
Forgot to mention I’d also like the category tag to also be aligned with the GeneratePress containerJune 5, 2020 at 9:52 pm #1316381LeoStaffCustomer Support
1. This should help:
2. You are using the full width page builder setting:
I don’t think it’s necessary here?
3. Don’t think I’m seeing the issue using Chrome simulator:
What are you seeing?
4. Not sure if I’m following. The post you link does have a lot of videos.
5. Should be the same issue as #2.
Can you please split up your questions to multiple topics in the future?
It would be much easier for us to track the issue.
Appreciate it 🙂June 6, 2020 at 6:33 am #1316726jm1991
Cheers for the response. Most of the listed issues have been resolved.June 6, 2020 at 8:04 am #1316910
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.