[Support request] Post navigation as Query Loop

Home Forums Support [Support request] Post navigation as Query Loop

Home Forums Support Post navigation as Query Loop

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Michel

Alright. Here’s another challenging one from me.

A site has post navigation set up as this, at the bottom of each post.

Column one:
    “Previous post” headline
    Dynamic headline for that previous post – same term category
    Dynamic featured image for that post

Column two:
    “Next post” headline
    Dynamic headline for that post – same term category
    Dynamic featured image for that post

I see that it’s now possible to do related posts as a Query Loop with GenerateBlocks. I believe that using tags same terms would give a better result than category same terms because the tagging use would return more results on the first post of a new category.

Can the quoted post navigation be replicated as a Query Loop for this?

Testing shows me that creating a Query Loop with two columns using tags is possible but can “previous post” and “next post” be added to the mix in the same way than for post navigation?

I’m also curious to know if it’s possible to have a query loop with three or four columns. Unless I’m missing something, there isn’t an option for that.

Ying
    Staff
    Customer Support

but can “previous post” and “next post” be added to the mix in the same way than for post navigation?

No, I don’t think so. The previous/next option is only available for post navigation.

You can use post_tag instead of categoryif you want to display the posts using same tag.

I’m also curious to know if it’s possible to have a query loop with three or four columns.

Yes, select the Post template (container block) under the Grid block, you can set it to 33.3% for 3 columns, 25% for 4 columns.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.