[Resolved] post masonry grid read more button inconsistency

Home Forums Support [Resolved] post masonry grid read more button inconsistency

Home Forums Support post masonry grid read more button inconsistency

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Helen

Hi,

We have used the Post Masonry Grid option for our blog, but there are some issues.

1. some posts show a read more button, others show no button at all (see bottom of home page)
    2. some buttons match our requirement and appear correctly (blue, squared corners, white text)
    3. some of our button appears as well as a pink button
    4. some posts only have the pink button

I have checked the various posts where it is correct, against those where it is wrong and I cannot see how this is happening. I have also triple checked all the settings but again, I cannot see a reason for the inconsistency.

Thanks
    Helen

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

your post list is created using Visual Composer. The pink button is there one. The blue button is the one from GP. The GP button will only display by default where posts DO NOT have a Custom Excerpt.

You can disable the GP readmore by removing the text from the Read More Label and unchecking the Display Read More button in Customizer > Layout > Blog.

Then i assume you can restyle your VC button to the colors you need.

Helen

Is it possible to see which elements are VC before I use them? I am trying to reduce the items on the site that use VC to reduce load speed.

Is there a GP grid I can use instead which works in this same way? i.e with a filter for the category etc.

I want the most lightweight solution possible. I have managed to reduce the site scripts by over 100, but it’s still at 299!

Thanks David,
    Helen

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Is it possible to see which elements are VC before I use them?

The easiest way is probably to right-click on the element and use the browser inspector tool – the VC codes should be easy to spot.

Is there a GP grid I can use instead which works in this same way? i.e with a filter for the category etc.

We have masonry grid but no filter built-in unfortunately. I’d assume there is a plugin out there for this though.
    https://docs.generatepress.com/article/using-columns-in-the-blog/

Helen

Understood. So if I continue to use the VC element to render the blog posts, can I deactivate BLOG section in GP?

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Yup you can for sure!

Helen

Thanks Leo

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

No problem 🙂

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.