[Resolved] Post excerpt not cohesive between blog posts

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Post excerpt not cohesive between blog posts

Home Forums Support Post excerpt not cohesive between blog posts

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Bjørnar

Hi,

I have a site where I post music for download, and license. Using Generatepress and loving it! Great theme.

I have made a child theme, and added the following code to functions.php get it to show shortcodes and HTML in the excerpt. The front page should only show a little card, or excerpt if you will…

//Enable Shortcodes in WordPress Excerpts and Text Widgets. Add to functions.php
    add_filter( 'get_the_excerpt', 'my_shortcode_parser' );
    function my_shortcode_parser( $excerpt ) {
        return do_shortcode($excerpt);
    }

So in the excerpt I want to have an audio player, button to the purchase page on sellfy, and a download MP3 button. This works on most of the blog posts. But on some, the link to sellfy is not visible. But if I inspect the code, I think its there. The audio player also looks different on some posts.

Probably me doing something wrong… but any suggestion on what to check why certain elements doesnt show up?

I have disabled caching, etc.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

I’m not sure unfortunately.

So you are using the custom excerpt metabox and adding shortcode to all of them?

Bjørnar

Yes I use the custom excerpt box. I add both shortcodes, and HTML codes to sites like sellfy etc.

Bjørnar

Under the “Element 115” Excerpt I have added this code. In the excerpt box.

<a href="https://sellfy.com/p/tq9pti/" id="tq9pti" class="sellfy-buy-button" data-text="Pro License From"></a>
    <script src="https://sellfy.com/js/api_buttons.js"></script>

But it doesnt show the button (that code should generate) on the excerpt. But this code does work on the other excerpts before Element 115.

Bjørnar

Seems like disabling “Infinite Scroll” fixed the issue.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

looks like your script is only firing on an initial load – so it doesn’t load on elements that are Ajax Loaded like infinite scroll does.

I am not sure how to fix that – aside from not using Load More / Infinite scroll options.

Bjørnar

The important part is that we found out why the issue was happining. Now onto google to search for some coding tips.

Cheers. 🙂

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Glad to be of help

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.