[Resolved] Possible to Hook "After" the Copyright?

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Possible to Hook "After" the Copyright?

Home Forums Support Possible to Hook "After" the Copyright?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Michael

Howdy! This is probably a dumb question, but I am trying to figure out a simple way to hook AFTER the copyright? I am currently using the “generate_before_copyright” hook in order to add something to the footer without having to modify template files, but I was wondering if there might be a way to have something like a “generate_after_copyright” hook?

Thanks so much, the work you guys do is amazing! I’ve been working with this theme now for about a year and I have been consistently impressed by numerous aspects.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

the after_footer hook will do the trick.
    You can see all the main hooks here:

https://docs.generatepress.com/article/hooks-visual-guide/

Glad to hear you’re enjoying the Theme πŸ™‚

Michael

Right, and I actually looked at that hook initially. The problem is that I actually want the content to appear inside the footer element, just like the “generate_before_copyright” allows. The “after_footer” content doesn’t appear until after the footer element has been closed out, which makes sense given the hook name.

That’s why I’m hoping for something that basically does the same thing as “generate_before_copyright” except that I want it after the copyright. I’d still like the content to be inside the containing footer itself.

Sorry I wasn’t more specific! I know the hook I want doesn’t actually exist, at least based on the current documentation… but I’m curious as to why that is? Or perhaps there is just another way to accomplish this that I’m missing? Perhaps I can filter the copyright itself and just append my content? Or maybe I can create a custom hook somehow to accomplish this? Or maybe there’s another hook I’m missing!

Even when I tried using the “generate_credits” hook, my content was still rendered just before my site’s copyright message. But there may be a way to leverage that hook I’m just not seeing.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hmm the after_footer hook should work as David pointed out.

We might just need to add some style in to match with the copyright.

Can you add the content in so we can see the issue?

Let me know πŸ™‚

Michael

Thanks for the followup!

Unfortunately, the site is still sitting on my local dev environment so sharing it would be difficult. I know, annoying. But I took some screenshots of the scenario source codes to help better illustrate my issue/request. The content I’m adding with the hook in each example is the highlighted “EVERYTHING IS GREAT” div.

Here is what I’m getting with “generate_after_footer

generate_after_footer

And here is what I’m getting with “generate_before_copyright

generate_before_copyright

I could style the “generate_after_footer” version to match the footer style, sure! But because of the way I’m hoping to style some of the site content (and some other issues which I’ll spare you of detailing), it would really be a lot easier overall if I could have my modified content appear inside the footer just like the “generate_before_copyright” hook supports. I just want it after the “copyright-bar” div instead of before it.

So this is what I’m shooting to accomplish:

desired_placement

Thanks again for taking the time to even read through this! I know it’s a nit-picky request. At the end of the day I can always resort to modifying the footer via a template file. I was just really hoping to avoid that.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Try the generate_credits hook and set the Priority to a higher number say 15

Michael

Nice, I’ll definitely settle for having it inside the copyright-bar div if I can’t have it after it!

Great idea, and thanks so much for the help on this πŸ™‚

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

You’re welcome

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.