[Support request] Possible to build a price comparison marketplace like skroutz.gr/bestprice.gr?

Home Forums Support [Support request] Possible to build a price comparison marketplace like skroutz.gr/bestprice.gr?

Home Forums Support Possible to build a price comparison marketplace like skroutz.gr/bestprice.gr?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    johnaps

Is it possible to create pages of products that consist of different eshops that have their price for that product (each entry if you click would go to the product page of that eshop)? And each entry would come from the eshop’s submitted xml. Which xml has products with links to the product pages, price, image, category path, attributes, etc…
    Is there a way programmatically or manually that would sort the products of each eshop to the right product page?

There wont be any transaction in this site, only listing products with their respective eshops that sells them. Are there any plugins for that?

Would it be possible even with some custom work and some plugins?

I have asked this in stackexchange (https://wordpress.stackexchange.com/questions/382667/is-it-possible-to-build-an-price-comparison-marketplace-like-skroutz-gr-bestpric?noredirect=1#comment555476_382667) and they told me its possible but not much else…
    Can you direct me somewhere?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

I would say pretty much anything is possible, but you’ll likely need to hire a developer to build it for you. It may be worth posting the project over on Codeable 🙂

johnaps

I would like to do it myself as i am learning to code as well, even if it takes me months/years to make it…

But if you have any tips for me to look into, more specifically plugins if they exist so i can start somewhere i would really appreciate it!

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

We are not aware of a plugin that does this unfortunately.

It might be best to hire a developer even just for a couple of hours to help you to get the project started or point you in the right direction.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.