[Support request] Positioning Header Content

Home Forums Support [Support request] Positioning Header Content

Home Forums Support Positioning Header Content

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Joseph

I have a video loop playing in the header which has the action on the right and a blank area on the left. Using Blog>Header>Page Header Content I inserted a short code for a Crelly Slider. It works fine but the slider is positioned in the center of the header. How can I move it to the left?

Thanks

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Joseph,

Are you able to provide a link to your site?

Thanks!

Joseph

Sorry, I should have mentioned that I am creating this locally so I am unable to provide a link.

The best I can do is provide a screen capture of the header.

https://1drv.ms/i/s!AmjypYTZrUsL4R4KUjzUQvn3OkMC

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Sorry that looks like it’s a full width header/slider so you can’t really position left or right?

Or am I looking at the wrong thing?

Joseph

When playing with settings I tried full width and did not set it back to contained, sorry again. But what I am after is to have the white logo with the green text moved to the left somehow. Those elements are the Crelley slider that I put in as a shortcode and are separate from the gear/black background.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hmm have you tried setting he Text alignment to Left in the Page Header Content settings?
    https://docs.generatepress.com/article/page-header-content/#text-alignment

If not then I might have to see the site live to see what’s going on.

Let me know.

Joseph

I actually stumbled on a solution at 4 AM today. Rather than move the slider I made it transparent and as big as the header so I can move the elements inside. Now the only thing I have is that the header appears to be about 600 px or so top to bottom. Looks fine on my 23″ monitor but it is a little tall. How do I bring the height down to 450 px?

Thanks for you time.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hmm still a little hard to tell without seeing it…

Try changing the Header Padding in Customizer > Layout > Header?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.