[Support request] position of logo in header

Home Forums Support [Support request] position of logo in header

Home Forums Support position of logo in header

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Sonya

I tried using customization to upload our logo into the header but I didn’t see how to position it so that it is not directly below the title. I want the logo on the left of the header/title bar and the title on the right. So I removed it and tried going through your Page Builder. But there I only see two options: Image and Content. When I click on Content, I see Background Video and Advanced, but there is no option for Logo, as shown in your page header video. (Yours is the second theme I’ve tried. Customizing the header/title bar without coding seems to be a common headache in most themes.) Thank you.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

You can upload it through the Customizer, then add this CSS to make it float next to your site title: https://generatepress.com/forums/topic/logo-next-to-site-title/#post-118692

Hope this helps ๐Ÿ™‚

Sonya

Hello again. Sorry if this is a duplicate post, but I’m not sure my last one was posted. Thank you for the link above. I have another question — I downloaded your Exhibit theme but I cannot seem to be able to put the content into containers. I change the settings in the customizer but nothing changes. Thanks.

Sonya

Sorry to bother you again, but no matter what I do, I cannot seem to generate a sidebar on either side. I add widgets but they only appear in the footer and the header. The ones I add to the sidebar do not show up. I switched to Exhibit because I could not add a sidebar to the parent, but basically the child theme looks exactly like the parent. Please let me know what I’m doing wrong. Thanks again.

Jamal

Hi Sonya

Regarding the sidebar issue, please take a look here https://generatepress.com/knowledgebase/choosing-sidebar-layouts/

Maybe you have “content (no sidebar)” setting.

Sonya

Thank you very much, but I have another problem — how to paste screen shots in this post? I can’t link to them because they aren’t posted anywhere. Here is the body of the reply that I sent to you via email, but the screen shots don’t show up here. Thanks.

Thank you very much for responding. Here is what I see in the customizer:

Inline image 2

Inline image 1

I don’t see

Blog Sidebar Layout: The sidebar layout for your blog, or “posts page”, including any archives.
    Single Post Sidebar Layout: The sidebar layout for single blog posts.

And I don’t see anything that looks like this:

Inline image 3
    Under containers, I only see this:

Inline image 4
    And when I try to adjust the width, only the header and footer move. The body does not. Here is what the home page looks like at this point. (I disabled the footer widgets):

Inline image 5

The admin view looks like this:

Inline image 6

Changing the global settings makes no difference. I am under a lot of pressure to get this site up and running, and I keep trying different themes and plugins and running into one headache after another. Unfortunately, I do not have access to the backend database, which sits on a server in Europe, while I am in the U.S., nor am I up to speed on how or where to make coding changes in the admin panel, even with Simple CSS. Thanks very much for any ideas or help you can provide.

Sonya

Jamal

Hi again,

Don’t worry im sure you will get help and have your site running very soon. But first, please consider opening a new topic for any new problems since its much easier to know what has been solved and what hasn’t.

Please try to upload your screenshots for example here http://m.imgur.com and paste the image link here.

If you sent the emails to Tom, im sure he will help you comprehensively once he comes around to the forums but in the meantime i will do my best.

1. Sidebar issue: Go to “Appearance > Customize > Layout” and look for sidebar layout

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi Sonya,

Currently, the sidebar layout will display depending on the page you’re viewing.

For example, if you’re viewing a static page in the Customizer, the page sidebar layout option will show.

If you’re viewing the blog, archive or a category, your blog sidebar layout option will show.

If you’re viewing a single post, your single post sidebar layout option will show.

This has been reversed in the upcoming version to avoid this kind of confusion.

The video you’re viewing is quite old, and the options have moved around since then. Those child theme videos need updating.

You say the header and navigation move when you adjust the container width, but the content doesn’t? Is there any way you can link me to your site so I can inspect the code?

Let me know ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.