[Resolved] Position of drop-down menu on main navigation

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Position of drop-down menu on main navigation

Home Forums Support Position of drop-down menu on main navigation

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Julie Burgess

Hello! I’m truly enjoying working with your WordPress theme and add-ons! Yesterday I created a new page and put it as a sub-menu item on the main menu. The drop-down menu is positioned too high. You can see it here at http://209.95.59.207/~lookingg/. The page is SoftWash Systems and it is located under the Residential Services and Commercial Services menu tabs. Is this simply a CSS styling issue? If so, curious to know the recommended solution and why the default CSS settings have this “too high” position issue. Thanks!

Julie Burgess

Does anyone have any suggestions to help me on this issue?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi Julie,

Sorry for not getting back to you sooner – I wasn’t notified of this thread.

Remove this line from your child theme style.css and you should be good to go:

@import "../generatepress/style.css";

Julie Burgess

Your timing was perfect Tom – thank you! I was just realizing I was having problems with some of the Element Spacing plugin features and about to submit another post. Deleting the import line of code in the CSS took care of all of the spacing issues.

Are you not supposed to import the parent css file in a child theme css file?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

That was the old way of doing it – WordPress actually advises against doing so now as @import hurts performance.

GP knows if you’re using a child theme and will include the parent style.css automatically in a more efficient way.

Julie Burgess

Excellent to know, Tom. Thanks for helping me solve this problem!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

No problem – sorry I didn’t see it sooner.

Have a great evening! 🙂

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.