[Resolved] Positing of news elements on main page

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Positing of news elements on main page

Home Forums Support Positing of news elements on main page

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Christopher

Hey there,

I believe this might be out of your bounds since its not a GP function, but maybe you got something different or can help out with the CSS needed?

My aim is to present the news of the site in a nice way on the website as well. I could not find any out of the box option that would easily do that and am currently using the “Recent Posts” block from Getwid. Perhaps GP has something similar that could do the same thing?

I just need to display News title, date, excerpt and category and make use of the featured Image. I dont like the way it looks out of the box though and would move the text around as following, probably only doable via CSS?

I would move the featured image into the centre of the page and then have the title move on top, the excerpt below, the date in the top left corner of the image and the comment count in the bottom right corner:
    2022-05-12_19-25-52

If there is no GP block/plugin currently that could help me to do this out of the box, perhaps you can just point me in the right direction on how to use CSS here. I know how to use it with separate headlines for instance, but am not sure how to do it when all the text boxes are coming from the “Recent Posts” block.

Thanks so much! =) This is the last piece of my puzzle and I will have my homepage finished after implemented the news hopefully hehe. Hoping you guys have an option that I might just have overlooked so far to display the news in a dynamic way and be able to customize the position of the text via CSS maybe.

Cheers,
    Chris

Ying
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Chris,

GenerateBlocks 1.5 has a query loop block which can be used in your case I think.
    https://generateblocks.com/generateblocks-1-5-dynamic-data-query-loops-image-blocks/

GB doesn’t have the style out of box, but you are fairly familiar with GB I believe :), you should be able to achieve what you are looking for.

Minor CSS might still be needed.

Christopher

Thanks,
    I would love to check it out and tried to install it, it tells me that my WordPress vrsion is out of date?
    2022-05-12_20-32-59

Maybe a bug, since I’ve got 5.9.3 installed.

Since its still Alpha, if I only use that one feature for now it should hopefully not change too much when ALpha is finished? And I hope it wont break the old GB version once installed?

Ying
    Staff
    Customer Support

You need to delete the old version of GB first.

Christopher

Hm I feel like maybe I should wait until the full release, I still have to build up the rest of the site anyway and could just re-visit this topic when the rest is done. Perhaps then the full release is out, is there any ETA on it?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

GB 1.5 is still in Alpha – so we still have a few weeks of testing. I would expect the beginning week of June at the very earliest for a release candidate.

Christopher

Thanks David, lets see maybe I will give it a try with the Alpha and just backup my site first 🙂 Cheers

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

You’re welcome

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.