[Resolved] portfolio move from other theme to generate press

Home Forums Support [Resolved] portfolio move from other theme to generate press

Home Forums Support portfolio move from other theme to generate press

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Pavla

ok so until now everything great i was able to adapt everything from my old theme to generate press and its exciting really.
    but now i have a problem. the old theme used its own porftolio plugin which generates many php problems as it is not supported anymore. can you give me tips how to proceed to move all my portfolio items to the new theme? i suppose i need to create a new custom post type with categories and tags and then export the old ones and import them somehow to the new custom post type? any tips please on that so it works flowlessly with generate press? thanks so much for your great work its really amazing the first theme after ten years which works perfectly and has an amazing support!

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Unfortunately I’m not sure what the portfolio plugin does so I wouldn’t know who to migrate them.

GP doesn’t have anything special built-in in terms of CPT so the migration method (if there is a way) would be the same as if you were using a twenty series theme.

I would just start trying it as you’ve described and see if that works.

Pavla

o.k. ill try then! thanks!

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

No problem 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.