[Support request] Popup Form Submission Fails

Home Forums Support [Support request] Popup Form Submission Fails

Home Forums Support Popup Form Submission Fails

• This topic has 6 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 3 years ago by Elvin.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Brian

I have a contact form created using HTML Forms plugin from ibericode.
    I have an on-click popup containing the contact form created with Popup Builder.
    When I invoke the popup from a link on a page, everything works fine. The popup window gets updated with a success message, and I receive notification of the contact by e-mail to my admin mailbox.
    However, if I invoke the popup from either my main navigation menu or from a custom HTML widget in either the header or right sidebar, the popup closes when the form is submitted, and no success message or contact e-mail is sent.

I don’t know whether this issue is with my Generate Press theme, with one of the plugins I’ve mentioned, or with some other plugin.

Do you have any ideas, or have you received similar reports? I am engaged with Popup Builder support, but they were unable to replicate the issue.

The website is…
    https://huppbrian.us

You can find the link that is working on my popup test page…
    https://huppbrian.us/put

Thank you.
    LiJN,
    brian

Elvin
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

However, if I invoke the popup from either my main navigation menu or from a custom HTML widget in either the header or right sidebar, the popup closes when the form is submitted, and no success message or contact e-mail is sent.

Can you set this up again so we could check the console for any errors?

Let us know.

Brian

Hi Elvin,

It’s set up and ready for testing. Or did you mean you need access to the back end? If needed, I will set up temporary login credentials for you. Will need to know what email to use for the user.

BTW – I did a little bit of testing last night before GoDaddy melted down. I went through and deactivated all the other plugins one at a time except for Popup Builder and HTML Forms. I also changed to the twenty twenty-one theme temporarily. None of this helped.

The folks at Popup Builder are not able to replicate the problem. My popup works fine for them. They are using Chrome under Windows. I just now tried using Chrome. I also cleared the Chrome cache before I tried the popup, and I still had the same problem as with all my other browsers. I thought maybe the issue was occurring because I was logged in on another browser, so I logged out first. I also tried to submit a contact from an e-mail address and name I have never used before. None of this helped.

One last item to mention. During testing last night, I disabled HTML forms and enabled Ninja Forms. The popup works fine with the Ninja Form. So at this point all fingers point at HTML Forms. My plan is to delete my HTML Forms contact form (once you are finished with the testing you want to do), and create it again from scratch. If that doesn’t help, then I may try to find another path.

And yes! I did clear my caches, and tried various browsers. To my knowledge, I don’t have any caching plugins installed. Who really knows what GoDaddy does? I disabled their CDN a while back when I was having issues with images not rendering after submitting a comment using Brave. But with all that said, even if clearing the browser cache worked, I can hardly ask my visitors to do the same before using the contact form now can I?

Elvin
    Staff
    Customer Support

t’s set up and ready for testing. Or did you mean you need access to the back end? If needed, I will set up temporary login credentials for you. Will need to know what email to use for the user.

I didn’t see the popup from the main navigation to check for issues.

I only found this – https://share.getcloudapp.com/04uAPvXk – and it works fine. Perhaps I’m missing something.

BTW – I did a little bit of testing last night before GoDaddy melted down. I went through and deactivated all the other plugins one at a time except for Popup Builder and HTML Forms. I also changed to the twenty twenty-one theme temporarily. None of this helped.

Makes sense. It’s not a theme issue but a plugin one. Perhaps, Popup builder or maybe the interaction between it and the form plugin you’re using.

Note: The theme doesn’t control what these plugins do. It’s out of our scope to be frank as we’re not familiar with their coding and the bugs that come with it.

Consider using other pop-up plugins and well-known form plugins and see what works best for you.

Ideally, get the most popular ones as what you’re trying to do, most likely, has been asked before on their forums. 🙂

Brian

Hi Elvin,

The link that doesn’t work is the Contact menu item on the main navigation bar at the top-right corner of every page. The link in your screenshot that works fine is on the /put (Popup test) page in the main page body.

Yes. Your advice seems reasonable, and that is what I am intending to do. I find it VERY odd that it seems to be working for the Popup Builder support person. Maybe she was confused in the same way you were. I’ll ask her.

Brian

BTW – I think this string can be safely closed. Even though the issue hasn’t really been resolved yet, it is clearly not a problem with GeneratePress.

Elvin
    Staff
    Customer Support

The link that doesn’t work is the Contact menu item on the main navigation bar at the top-right corner of every page. The link in your screenshot that works fine is on the /put (Popup test) page in the main page body.

Ah yes. I tested that as well and it seemed working as shown here. https://share.getcloudapp.com/DOuDQPrw

Here’s a video testing it: https://share.getcloudapp.com/ApuYjleD

Unless that’s not how it’s supposed to work?

BTW – I think this string can be safely closed. Even though the issue hasn’t really been resolved yet, it is clearly not a problem with GeneratePress.

Let us know if you need further help w/ anything else. 🙂

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.