[Support request] “Popular post” or “related article -s” widget?

Home Forums Support [Support request] “Popular post” or “related article -s” widget?

Home Forums Support “Popular post” or “related article -s” widget?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Jacob

Hi GP-team!
    I would like to add a side widget to certain pages on my website that spotlights a specific single page on my website. How can I do that?
    I would like to display:
    Featured image of the page
    Header
    (maybe) first 20 words or smth or customized text what the page is about (even better).
    (+ link to the page.)

How could I do this? Please note that I only use Single pages on the website (no blog-posts)

Thanks again for your great service!

/Jacob

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Any reason why you aren’t using a post?

If so you can use this plugin:
    https://en-ca.wordpress.org/plugins/recent-posts-widget-extended/

I’m not 100% sure if the plugin above can be used for static page but worth a shot.

If not you’d need to build the desired layout from scratch using a HTML widget.

Jacob

Hi Leo, thanks again for quick response!
    I guess I could use posts but I have been told that it can mess up the URL-structure so I got used to make websites only with pages (for some reason). I guess there is an issue when it comes to “parent topic” when it comes to posts? Anyway, I am building a new site so I could try posts (It is a small site with no “parent-pages” etc..
    So if I use posts then, how would I solve the issue with the theme? I try to avoid using too many plugins for not maiking the site slow..¨
    Thanks!

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Nothing built-in the theme or premium plugin for this specific function unfortunately.

If it’s just one post/page that you are after, creating an HTML widget manully from scratch might be the easiest.

Just add a title, image and a paragraph for the excerpt.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.