[Support request] Polylang string translations

Home Forums Support [Support request] Polylang string translations

Home Forums Support Polylang string translations

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Mirela

Hi there. I’m missing string translations for:
    – Read more buttons
    – Previous & Next in pagination

Can you please add these options to the string translations? They’re things everyone uses when combining these two plugins.

Thank you.

LE: I just noticed that the copyright footer doesn’t get updated despite adding translations for it from English to Romanian and French, respectively. I cleared my cache, also accessed the site in incognito mode, and nothing changed. The copyright footer also has to link to separate pages depending on the language one’s using, so it’s important everything runs properly.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

Does Polylang have a specific method for themes to do this?

Previous and Next in pagination are using core translation functions, so Polylang should already handle those.

The read more buttons use options in the Customizer, so it may take something else to connect Polylang to them.

Mirela

Hi Tom,

I don’t know, with my previous theme I didn’t have such issues, that’s why I’m writing here. ๐Ÿ™

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Is this something you’ve reported to Polylang? They may be able to shed light on what’s going on, even if it’s something we need to tweak on our end.

I see they use the wpml-config.xml file that GP Premium does have, and we have included the read more button values in that file, so their plugin should be able to translate it without any issues.

I’m afraid I’m not familiar enough with their plugin to know why that wouldn’t be working – but they should be able to point us in the right direction.

Mirela

Hi Tom,

Here’s the thread on the Polylang Support forum. Maybe you guys can get in touch.
    https://wordpress.org/support/topic/string-translations-missing-with-generatepress-theme

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Cool – let’s see what they say. Feel free to update me in here ๐Ÿ™‚

Mirela

Hi, Tom. Can you please get in touch with the plugin developer? They don’t reply on the support forum and, honestly, when paying for a premium service, I don’t find it very professional or customer-friendly to ask the client to take up the role of messenger. Thank you.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

I can try to mention it to them, but I don’t know the developers and can’t promise they’ll actually reply to my nudge.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.