[Resolved] Plugins work not/load more

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Plugins work not/load more

Home Forums Support Plugins work not/load more

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Cif Malek

It is weird that after I press load more and get a new set of posts poping up on the homepage I can not use some plugins properly but they do not work only on those newly visible homepage posts while still continuing to work on the orginal set of posts.
    Case in point now (have had the issue before in a similar way) : I hover a link in the post and it previews the site. This is possible on all posts on the homepage using masonry. Great. Then I press load more and another set of posts pops up nicely. I go with the mouse to hover the link that are similarly posted in new post now viewable on the homepage but the plugin that make the site preview in a little box next to the link just don’t work at all for all the posts newly displaing while the original set of posts works out properly.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

I would have to see this in order to fully understand what’s happening, but I think I have an idea.

When you click on load more, it calls the next set up posts from the next page.

If you have a plugin which is adding functionality to the first set of posts, it needs to be re-run when the new posts are loaded in order to work on those posts.

This is something that would have to be done by the plugin developer of whatever plugin you’re using to preview.

Let me know if that makes sense.

Cif Malek

Dear Tom
    Thanks to answering.
    Kind of.
    Well I can try.
    What do I tell him he needs to know/understand ?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

You can say that a plugin you’re using is using Ajax to call more posts onto the page.

He basically needs to run a check to see if Ajax has called more posts, and if more posts have been called, he needs to apply his plugin to them.

Let me know if that helps or not 🙂

Cif Malek

Dear Tom,
    Yes got it now.
    Will put it on the support will see.
    Thanks again.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.