[Resolved] plugin editor

Home Forums Support [Resolved] plugin editor

Home Forums Support plugin editor

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Franz

Hi there,

I have Generate Press Pro. Everything is ok, but in the Plugin menu on back end, I see only the two submenues “installed plugins” and “install plugins”, but no “plugin editor”. What may be the reason for that, any relationsship to the theme?

Kind regards

Franz

Elvin
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi,

GP Premium (plugin) and GeneratePress(theme) doesn’t disable this core WordPress functionality but some plugins may have disabled it for security purposes.

That said, can you disable ALL plugins except GP Premium and check if it is still missing?

Make sure you clear all cache (server, site and browser cache) before checking.

Let us know how it goes.

Franz

Hi Elvin,

thanks for your reply. I deactivated all plugins, nothing changed. So I searched on google again and found the following remark. If in the config file,

define( ‘DISALLOW_FILE_EDIT’, true )

is defined, the sub menu plugin editor will not be displayed. So I deactivated this line (//) and it is OK now!

Do you have an idea, how this command comes into config-fil? Because all other website I care for, I have no problem with this point ….

Many thanks

Franz

Elvin
    Staff
    Customer Support

Do you have an idea, how this command comes into config-fil? Because all other website I care for, I have no problem with this point ….

You can check our brief documentation about it. 🙂

https://docs.generatepress.com/article/disallow-php-execution/

Franz

many thanks, information about fundamental know-how is great!

Franz

Elvin
    Staff
    Customer Support

No problem. 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.