[Support request] Plugin deleted from WordPress – help!!

Home Forums Support [Support request] Plugin deleted from WordPress – help!!

Home Forums Support Plugin deleted from WordPress – help!!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Rebecca

Disaster! I have just today installed GP premium and have been working for hours on customising it and creating pages and content. A little while ago I received an error that a page couldn’t be updated because it appeared I was offline. I wasn’t but I changed to a different connection anyway. When I tried to refresh the page I was working on it said that it didn’t exist. I’ve checked and the GP premium plugin has completely disappeared from my site – along with all the work I’ve been doing today.

Hopefully I can restore a back up… BUT has this ever happened to anyone and how can I make sure it NEVER happens again? This new site isn’t live but I’d be devastated and furious if this happened while the site is live.

HELP!!

Rebecca

Back up didn’t work… everything gone. Any ideas how this could have happened so I can avoid it ever happening again?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

check with your host – they should have server logs recording any events on the server. A lot of hosts also maintain older backups of their servers so may be able to recover the site.

Rebecca

Nope, no luck. I just have no idea how this could have happened and hope it doesn’t again!

Elvin
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

It’s quite strange that the plugin disappeared without you doing anything to it. If it’s a broken copy of the plugin then the site should return an critical error page when you try to open it and WordPress would automatically send your user’s email a notice about it occurring.

But as you said, if you were able to install GP premium and was able to work with its features for a while then the issue may well be host sided.

If this is the case, I’m afraid this is something we can’t do anything about on our end as this isn’t something the theme or the plugin controls. As David said, your best bet to finding out what happened is to check the server logs.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.