[Support request] Plugin conflict Molongui

Home Forums Support [Support request] Plugin conflict Molongui

Home Forums Support Plugin conflict Molongui

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Helge

Hi,

Are there any known conflicts with the Molongui Authorship Pro plugin? The WordPress search does not work correctly.

Thanks a lot.

Best regards, Helge

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

not aware of that plugin – GP works with all well coded plugins so there should be no conflicts.

Is the core WP Search widget that you’re using ? And what exactly is the issue – we may be able to point you in the right direction …. but i would suggest you also reach out to the plugin author.

Let me know.

Helge

Hi David,

Thank you very much for the quick reply. The WordPress search in the navigation bar finds nearly everything, but does not find the names of the guest authors, neither in the author box nor their names mentioned in the text or in the author line. Now it becomes weird: If I deactivate the Molongui Authorship Pro-Plugin and just keep their basic plugin version activated everything is fine and search is listing the authors. It tried a different search plugin: same result. They told me it could be a plugin conflict and to test everything. That means deactivating GP Premium and all the plugins. I am not very fond of this idea.

GeneratePress does not offer a multiple authors solution, by chance?

Best regards, Helge

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

If the plugin support suggested eliminating conflict then it’s best to test that.

If it’s a live site with traffic then you could create a staging site to do the debugging test.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.