[Support request] Placing header search box to right of menu which features in middle

Home Forums Support [Support request] Placing header search box to right of menu which features in middle

Home Forums Support Placing header search box to right of menu which features in middle

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 88 total)
  • Author
    robchanoi

Ok, that’s saved as inside_s……

Tks.

Fernando
    Customer Support

Hi there,

I’m not seeing the Search Block added.

Can you confirm if you’ve added a Block Element with a Search Block hooked to inside_slideout_navigation and displayed to the Entire Site?

Example: https://share.getcloudapp.com/jkuvN9m7

Kindly let us know. 🙂

robchanoi

Hi, search is appearing in canvass menu but I deleted the text search from above search box and button right of box. Search box has no padding so put it in container but this appears to cause a scroll bar to appear on bottom of menu.

Additionally and apologies, was thinking menu top left, search top right, so not in menu, will have a play, Tks

robchanoi

And also :/ trying to format the layout of the “search page results” but doesn’t appear to be set under customize – blog, if you could kindly advise. Thank you.

Fernando
    Customer Support

Can you try applying the padding, and I’ll check from my end what’s causing the scrollbar?

What specifically are you wanting to customize in the search page results?

Kindly let us know. 🙂

robchanoi

Hi – the page which shows the search results. When you search for smt it delivers you results but the layout is off and is not laid out the same as the blog.Can’t for the life of me see how to edit i.e search results center, maybe sidebar left or right.

Padding is applied – 5px left and right.

Thanks.

Fernando
    Customer Support

If I search for smt, I go to the no results page. To confirm, are you trying to add padding to the Search Results page itself?

Do you already have a Layout Element set to display in the Search Results page and the No Search Results page?

If so, you’ll need to exclude these to pages, and create a new Layout Element for them.

You can view which Elements are active in a page through the admin bar, on the front page. Example: https://share.getcloudapp.com/mXuYLA9J

Kindly let us know. 🙂

robchanoi

Hi – that’s my point – I don’t know how to format the layout of the search results page. There is no “edit” post or page. In customize – the blog layout is not the same as the search results layout.
    Try search for “abella” and you will see.

Fernando
    Customer Support

Do you have Elements set to Display on the Blog Page? For instance, are you using a Content Template – Block Element or a Layout Element for the Blog page? For instance, go to your Blog page and hover on Elements on the frontend: https://share.getcloudapp.com/wbuzlRZr

Then, check the Elements, and set the necessary Elements’ Display Rules location to display in the Search Results page and no Search results page as well.

Hope this clarifies. 🙂

robchanoi

I am using GP and I am customizing blog layout in customizer.
    When i hover over element i see 3:

blog layout
    heaser
    canvass menu

you state: “Then, check the Elements, and set the necessary Elements’ Display Rules location to display in the Search Results page and no Search results page as well.” I don’t know where to do this…. it is not here:

Fernando
    Customer Support

To add another location in an Element, you may go to the Display Rules Tab and select on “Add Location Rule”.

Example: https://share.getcloudapp.com/o0uRwr0j

Block Element Example: https://share.getcloudapp.com/jkuvwzkA

Hope this clarifies. 🙂

robchanoi

I have added the 3 locations as in pic to a new layout element.

no search results

Search results still look the same

robchanoi

Oh ok – missed the sidebar layout – thanks.

Why though do you set display to “search” and “no search” out of curiosity?

Fernando
    Customer Support

Setting an Element to Display on a page will in turn show the Element or make the Element take effect on that page.

Adding the Search and No Search results page to the display rules of the necessary Elements would in turn make these Elements take effect on these pages as mentioned.

As you’ve mentioned, it seems that a Layout Element is the greatest factor for it to look like the Blog. Thus, if you want your Search and No Search results page to look like the Blog page, setting it this Element to display on both this pages makes it look the same.

Hope this clarifies. 🙂

robchanoi

Hi – great – that makes sense. Thanks Fernando, and just on the scrollbar that has appeared on the canvass menu, any way to remove that pls? Padding is set to 5px left and right.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 88 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.