[Support request] Placement of text is registration page

Home Forums Support [Support request] Placement of text is registration page

Home Forums Support Placement of text is registration page

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Steig

Hello Tom,

I’m checking out mail poet to handle newsletters for the site and turned on the option to place a checkbox to subscribe on the registration page.

Doing so, causes it to show up in a real strange place and mail poet won’t touch it saying its a CSS issue and they don’t provide support for CSS issues. I have both buddy press and bbpress installed.

Could you tell me where the file is that needs to be edited so I can try to fix it?

subscribe check box

Thanks!

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Steig,

If it’s a CSS issue you can add the code in Simple CSS plugin and it should work? Just need to target the right element. If you edit the actual file it will probably get overwrite when you receive updates.
    https://docs.generatepress.com/article/adding-css/

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

I should be able to provide some CSS if you can link me to the page 🙂

Steig

Thanks Tom, I really appreciate it. URL is: http://staging.arlinstitute.org/register/

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Give this a shot:

.wysija-after-register {
        clear: both;
    }
    Steig

Thanks Tom. That did move it below the password box. Is it possible to align it right under the TOS checkbox?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

I’m afraid it would need to be placed under the TOS by the plugin you’re using.

Steig

That’s the unfortunate part, the plugin doesn’t have any controls for placement at all. The checkbox for TOS is provided by another plugin and I could edit the PHP on that perhaps. Does that make sense? the PHP from one plugin having control over placement of text in a different plugin?

Also, is it possible to have the box checked as default? Or would that also have to be from the plugin?

Thanks!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

That would also have to be from the plugin – you would probably need to alter the code to achieve both things unless they’ve built in better ways to do it.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.