[Resolved] Place an Element at specific Location in the content

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Place an Element at specific Location in the content

Home Forums Support Place an Element at specific Location in the content

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Tim

Hello

First off I would just like to thank the support team here because you have held my hand through a barrage of GP, WP and 3rd party plugin queries that might have taken many weeks or months to answer through other support avenues.

I’m pretty sure this is the best support I’ve encountered for any software I’ve used since 1986 !

So now I have an Element to display a grid of logos which I would like to place at a specific location in the content of my Front Page.

The provided Hook locations are of course not suitably granular. I have previously used a Custom Hook in conjunction with WPSP, but in this circumstance I’m not using WPSP.

How can I create my own Custom Hook, or perhaps there is another way to place the code where I need it ?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

we occasionally massively overstep our own guidelines and support spreads much further then what is relevant to GP – so glad to hear we have been useful.

You won’t find any hooks inside the content of the post unless some other content is adding it there like a WP Show Post function.

Simplest thing would be to turn your function into a shortcode:

https://docs.generatepress.com/article/creating-a-shortcode/

Then you can add the shortcode anywhere you please.

Tim

Thank you for the direction David.

Done.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

You’re welcome

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.