[Resolved] PIXEL template problem

Home Forums Support [Resolved] PIXEL template problem

Home Forums Support PIXEL template problem

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Mark

Hello guys, I am using your PIXEL template, which uses the Gutenberg Gallery block. I’m having a problem with this block. It shows images that you can click on to see the full version of the image, and there are supposed to be arrows to move between images and an X to close the detail pop-up window.

It works for smaller images, but if the image is, say 1920px wide, the arrows disappear, and the X to close disappears, and you have to navigate back using the browser’s back button.

If there is a size limit for the image file, what is it?

Fernando
    Customer Support

Hi Mark,

Pixel isn’t using that Block by default.

It would be best to reach out to Gutenberg support with regards to this as this would be out of our expertise.

Hope this clarifies!

Mark

Er … maybe I misspoke. I am using whatever Gallery block you have included in the template. It may be a Featherlight block and not a Gutenberg block.

So yes, you should be able to answer this.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

the images that are not loading all look to be in webp format. Which looks like is unsupported by the Featherlight plugin. You may want to consider an alternative lightbox plugin.

Mark

Yes, thanks David, I also noticed that. I think I may simply go back to JPG rather than changing anything else. Webp has been a bit disappointing… I actually have some JPGs that are the same size (in Kb) as the WEBP format yet are more defined and with better color.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Yeah – i am not 100% sold on webP either.
    Glad to be of help

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.