[Resolved] Pictures cropped in blog preview

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Pictures cropped in blog preview

Home Forums Support Pictures cropped in blog preview

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    René Würfel

Hi (again) Tom,

Glad I could help you out with another bug to fix. 😉 And thanks for the major update of the generate blog add-on. I noticed, that the featured picture within an article page now is correctly sized and not cropped anymore. It seems to handle different aspect ratios and sizes without problems. However, I still don’t know how to make the featured image of the blog archive page look good. Most of them are cropped randomly. Heads are cut off and stuff like that 😉 Is it possible to just reduce or stretch the original images, so that they won’t be cropped anymore? I tried to work on the thumbnails, but it seems they are not used here.

Thanks a lot
    René

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

Thanks for finding that bug! I thought I checked everything, but there’s always something small that leaks through.

The cropping is trying to be smart, but can be the opposite sometimes. Your best bet is to leave the height blank – this will force the resizer to resize to the specified width, but keep the height relative so no hard cropping takes place.

Let me know if that helps at all 🙂

René Würfel

Awesome.. This really works and it’s a killerfeature indeed. Thanks again for helping out and keep up the good work (theme + support)

Cheers
    René

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Sweet, glad it works! 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.