[Support request] PHP errors

Home Forums Support [Support request] PHP errors

Home Forums Support PHP errors

• This topic has 5 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by Ferdinand.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    John

Warning: Illegal string offset 'width' in /home/honlyca/public_html/renew/wp-includes/media.php on line 988

Warning: Illegal string offset 'height' in /home/honlyca/public_html/renew/wp-includes/media.php on line 989

Not sure what this means. I’m using an .svg, which might be the culprit.

I’m placing an image via Customizer > Widgets > Top Bar Widget. SVG uploaded via Safe SVG plugin (and earlier via SVG Support… threw the same error.

GP 2b3, GPP 1.5.5, WP 4.9 – clean install today.

John

email

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

How are you adding the image? Using the image width?

John

Added via html widget into topbar and css def in ‘additional css’, both via Customizer. However, I ended up going via html widget rather than image widget, and that solved the issue for me

Sorry. Should have come back and said so. Is there an issue with image widget that you are aware of, tho?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Not that I know of, but it’s new in WP 4.9, so maybe there’s a bug in it when dealing with SVGs.

Ferdinand

I ran into the same thing. Thought it was the SVG itself rather than where I placed it so I tried in vain to vary Illustrator CC SVG save options until I discovered I didn’t get the error when I placed it in the body.

SOLUTION:
    Convert the SVG to PNG or JPG to place it in your Sidebar even if you’ve got an existing background image there.

Here’s the SVG Support Plugin developer’s response to requests on WP.org to fix the issue late last year

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.