[Resolved] PHP Errors When Trying to make Child Theme

Home Forums Support [Resolved] PHP Errors When Trying to make Child Theme

Home Forums Support PHP Errors When Trying to make Child Theme

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Michael

I am looking to create a child theme and get the following php errors when doing so:

Notice:  Trying to access array offset on value of type null in ...wp-content/plugins/gp-premium/page-header/functions/functions.php on line 25

Notice:  Trying to access array offset on value of type null in ...wp-content/plugins/gp-premium/page-header/functions/functions.php on line 26

Notice:  Trying to access array offset on value of type null in ...wp-content/plugins/gp-premium/page-header/functions/functions.php on line 32

Notice:  Trying to access array offset on value of type null in ...wp-content/plugins/gp-premium/page-header/functions/functions.php on line 37

Notice:  Trying to access array offset on value of type null in ...wp-content/plugins/gp-premium/page-header/functions/functions.php on line 42

Notice:  Trying to access array offset on value of type null in ...wp-content/plugins/gp-premium/page-header/functions/functions.php on line 46

Notice:  Trying to access array offset on value of type null in ...wp-content/plugins/gp-premium/page-header/functions/functions.php on line 52

Notice:  Trying to access array offset on value of type null in ...wp-content/plugins/gp-premium/page-header/functions/functions.php on line 649

Notice:  Trying to access array offset on value of type null in ...wp-content/plugins/gp-premium/page-header/functions/functions.php on line 649

Notice:  Trying to access array offset on value of type null in ...wp-content/plugins/gp-premium/page-header/functions/functions.php on line 653

Notice:  Trying to access array offset on value of type null in ...wp-content/plugins/gp-premium/page-header/functions/functions.php on line 653

Notice:  Trying to access array offset on value of type null in ...wp-content/plugins/gp-premium/blog/functions/images.php on line 140

Notice:  Trying to access array offset on value of type null in ...wp-content/plugins/gp-premium/blog/functions/images.php on line 277

Notice:  Trying to access array offset on value of type null in ...wp-content/plugins/gp-premium/page-header/functions/functions.php on line 677

Notice:  Trying to access array offset on value of type null in ...wp-content/plugins/gp-premium/page-header/functions/functions.php on line 415

Notice:  Trying to access array offset on value of type null in ...wp-content/plugins/gp-premium/page-header/functions/page-header.php on line 126

Notice:  Trying to access array offset on value of type null in ...wp-content/plugins/gp-premium/page-header/functions/functions.php on line 292

Notice:  Trying to access array offset on value of type null in ...wp-content/plugins/gp-premium/page-header/functions/functions.php on line 293

Notice:  Trying to access array offset on value of type null in ...wp-content/plugins/gp-premium/blog/functions/images.php on line 277

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Can you try using a default child theme from here?
    https://docs.generatepress.com/article/using-child-theme/

Let me know ๐Ÿ™‚

Michael

That is what I originally did. I get this error when trying to edit the header.php file and was trying to get around it.

Unable to communicate back with site to check for fatal errors, so the PHP change was reverted. You will need to upload your PHP file change by some other means, such as by using SFTP.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

So you’ve added the header.php file in the child theme and trying to edit it?

Sounds like the edit is causing the issue and not because of making the child theme?

Michael

Correct. I can’t save it no matter what I edit.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

What exactly are you trying to edit?

The edit is causing the PHP error so you would need to double check your code/edit.

Michael

I am trying to edit header.php to add PHP to keep track of views per post using Advanced Custom Fields.

But I can’t edit header.php at all. I can’t even put a random space somewhere and save it.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Sounds like there is already an existing error.

Can you remove the existing one and add a fresh one instead?
    https://github.com/tomusborne/generatepress/blob/master/header.php

Michael

I have an issue editing any of the PHP files in the WordPress dashboard. I just edited them offline and uploaded via file manager. That work around is good enough for now. Thanks for your help.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

No problem ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.