[Resolved] PHP error when display on iPhone

Home Forums Support [Resolved] PHP error when display on iPhone

Home Forums Support PHP error when display on iPhone

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    guyhanchet

This error message appears in the error log and output to the device when viewing a blog entry from a mobile device. It does not appear when viewing the same page from desktop device. On iPhone it occurs with both Chrome and Safari.

PHP Notice: Use of undefined constant GENERATE_VERSION – assumed ‘GENERATE_VERSION’ in /wp-content/plugins/gp-premium/addons/generate-typography/inc/functions.php on line 722

Here is a URL so you can see it yourself.

http://forourgrandchildren.ca/2015/sea-level-rise-an-updated-explanation/

Not fatal, but very ugly.

Using Theme version 1.3.17, WP version 4.3.1. I’d say that the error first appeared when I upgraded the theme to most recent version a few days ago.

Please advise how to react.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

This typically happens when you use the Mobile Theme from Jetpack – if you’re not intentionally using the Mobile Theme, you can turn it off by going to “Jetpack > Settings”.

However, I do believe I have fixed this in a recent version of Typography/GP Premium to hide the error. What version are you using? You can check in the “Plugins” area of your Dashboard.

Let me know πŸ™‚

guyhanchet

GP Premium is Version 0.5
    Deactivated JetPack Mobile Theme and error goes away. I don’t know what functionality is missing by deactivating it. I can probably live without it,

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

The Mobile Theme module in Jetpack gives you a specific theme for mobile devices. It’s not really necessary as GP is mobile responsive.

That being said, GP Premium is on version 1.2.72, so you definitely have some catching up to do. I suggest updating to the latest version πŸ™‚

guyhanchet

I’d love to upgrade, but I don’t see how. Every other plugin I use tells me when there is an update available and I just need to click update. I usually catch up every week or two, but never a notice the GP Premium needs updating.
    I’ve tried following the directions for upgrading from the support site, but can’t seem to make it work. I had already activated email in the Appearance GeneratePress section where it says “Please activate the email you purchased your addons with below in order to receive future updates.” , but no luck. Where do I find the 1.2.72 version so I can install it? The Download button on your web site download the theme generatepress.1.3.17.zip. The Account section does not seem to know that I have purchased GP Premium. I have.

Help me Tom, you’re my only hope.

Guy

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

To download the latest version of GP Premium, go to your account: https://generatepress.com/account – you should see it near the top of the content (not in the menu).

Once you have the fresh gp-premium.zip file, delete your current plugin and upload/activate the fresh one.

Then activate your email (if it’s not already done), and you should receive future updates through your Dashboard.

Let me know if you have any questions πŸ™‚

guyhanchet

On the My Account page it says “You have not purchased any downloads.” I have. I could send you the receipt. I also have Activated my email, a long time ago. Here’s the text displayed in the status portion.

Please activate the email you purchased your addons with below in order to receive future updates.

Email Status Action
    guy@xxxxxxx.ca verified Deactivate Refresh

I am going to try deactivating and reactivating my email. I sure hope that does not cause the theme to stop working.

guyhanchet

OK, I deactivated and reactivated and it did not do any apparent damage, but it also did not fix the problem. The account page still says I have not made any purchases.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Can you email me the email you used to purchase to support@generatepress.com so I can attach your purchase to your username?

Let me know πŸ™‚

guyhanchet

I should have posted a thank you when this problem was completely resolved. Thank you.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

No problem! πŸ™‚

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.