[Resolved] Photos shift to dull when uploaded to Media Library

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Photos shift to dull when uploaded to Media Library

Home Forums Support Photos shift to dull when uploaded to Media Library

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Marion Owen

Hi Tom,
    I’m a professional photographer so how my images appear on the screen is really important to me. However, when I upload images to the Media Library they turn dull, as if they are CMYK photos. I have to rework every one of them to look OK on my site.

I’ve never had this issue before with any other WordPress site/blog. It’s is always WYSIWYG from computer to online.

Is there some sort of setting on the back end or in the code that defaults to CMYK from RGB?

Something I’m missing here?

This is very time consuming and hit and miss what I have to do to adjust images.

Thanks! Marion

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi Marion,

There definitely shouldn’t be, but the current version of Page Header/Blog use the bfithumb script to do image resizing etc..

BFIThumb is a great script, but can be a little unpredictable, which is why we moved away from using it in the upcoming version of these add-ons.

If you’d like to send me temporary FTP login details to the wp-content/plugins folder on your server, I can do a quick update of Page Header/Blog, so we can see if it fixes this problem before the new version comes out.

If you’re interested, you can send me those details to support@generatepress.com.

Thanks!

Marion Owen

Tom, Thank you for the offer. I’m headed out of town Friday for a 2-day travel show, so let’s wait until my return, lest I have to back-pedal and do a lot of re-fixing before I go. I’ll touch bases in few days.

Marion Owen

Hi Tom, I’m back in town and see there is a new version. Should I update to see if it fixes the problem, or follow your suggestion from March 25 (below)?

Thanks, Marion

Hi Marion: If you’d like to send me temporary FTP login details to the wp-content/plugins folder on your server, I can do a quick update of Page Header/Blog, so we can see if it fixes this problem before the new version comes out.

If you’re interested, you can send me those details to support@generatepress.com.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi Marion,

That update is for GeneratePress, which is good to update to, but won’t fix this issue.

The update to GP Premium is what should fix this. If you’d like to email me with the above, I can give you the files right now and make sure the issue is fixed before the release.

Thanks! 🙂

Marion Owen

Hi Tom,
    Marion Owen here, following up on the dull photos issue.
    Forgive me. I’m not clear about what you want me to do (sorry, I’m a gardener, photographer, chef and B&B owner) to help you fix the photo issue. I have GP Premium and I emailed my login info for this site on WordPress to you…
    Again, sorry for the trouble here…

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Sorry about the wait! Just responded to your email.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.