[Resolved] Photos grayed out in media library

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Photos grayed out in media library

Home Forums Support Photos grayed out in media library

• This topic has 7 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by Tom.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Jee

All photos I put into the media library are showing properly except for the larger sized photos. The larger photos are showing up gray in the thumbnail. The large photos do show up when I click on the image to see Attachment Details and do show up in the post but not as a thumbnail.

Regular photos are 700×1050 and the large photos that are gray are 700×1400.

What setting do I need to change to have the thumbnail images show in the media library?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

They should show by default. It sounds like you may have a plugin or server setting causing an issue with WordPress.

If you deactivate all plugins and upload an image, does the issue still happen?

Jee

I deactivated all plugins and it’s still showing as gray. I also uploaded the same size image and that was also showing as gray.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

are the images a large file size ? As this sounds like the WP image processor haven’t a hard time generating the thumbs.

Jee

Images are small, less than 250kb per image. I made the image 700×1200 and it shows up as a thumbnail but anything bigger than that and it’s showing a gray thumbnail.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

It may be something server-related in that case. It might be worth reporting it to your hosting to see if they can spot any errors on their end.

The theme itself has no control over the Media Library, so something like this would have to come from a plugin (ruled out), or the server.

Jee

Figured out the problem — it was due to my ad blocker being on. Once I turned it off, the images all showed.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Glad you got it working 🙂

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.