[Resolved] Persisting to load old version of the logo in header

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Persisting to load old version of the logo in header

Home Forums Support Persisting to load old version of the logo in header

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Jan

I have successfully uploaded an SVG version of the logo into the header. I then tried to replace it with a PNG version, but it keeps referring to the SVG version. All this via Customizer > Site Identity

• I have deleted the SVG from Media Library
    • I have flushed browser cache and cookies, used wp-cli to flush the WP cache
    • We don’t use any server-side cache

What can I do?

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

I don’t see any logo showing currently.

Looks like the header is hidden in the site link so make sure you are replacing the navigation logo:
    https://docs.generatepress.com/article/navigation-logo/

Jan

Header is hidden on all pages apart from homepage. You can’t see any logo, because the SVG has been deleted. PNG is however present. See screenshot of the customizer… Notice the missing image above the site title ‘Social Development Partners CIC`

View post on imgur.com

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support
    Jan

There seems to be a confusion. I don’t want to use the SVG logo anymore, I’m trying to get it replaced by the PNG version. However, the SVG is ‘baked in’ and won’t replace. This is the result of me actually deleting the SVG version, so it wouldn’t get served. Then I’ve selected the PNG version as the new logo, but somewhere in the db it still keeps the URL for the original SVG image. And I can’t get rid of that.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Ahh I see.

That sounds like a caching issue for sure.

Any custom functions?

Perhaps try disable all non GP plugins to test?

Jan

Nope, the same result. I repeatedly cleared all the browser cache, don’t use any server-side cache.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

That’s super strange. Can you try:

1. Removing the header from the Customizer completely, then save.
    2. Refresh the Customizer and upload your PNG.

Jan

I’ve tried to remove the logo from customizer and publish, then add it back and publish => same result. I have even tried to remove the logo from customizer, then delete the logo permanently and then re-upload the logo => still trying to load the SVG. I’ve tried it with cropping, without cropping and still won’t address the new logo.

Shall I try to search for the SVG file name in db and delete it there? What table would that be in wp_options?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Is the logo set in the Page Header you have applied to that page by chance? Check the “Logo” tab within the Page Header settings.

Jan

Bingo! That was it, it shows the PNG version after I removed it from the ‘Page Header’ settings. Thanks.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Awesome, glad I could help! 🙂

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.