[Resolved] Persistent sticky audio/media player across site

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Persistent sticky audio/media player across site

Home Forums Support Persistent sticky audio/media player across site

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    JANEK

Good evening,

I’m in a bit of a bind trying to figure out a way to have a persistent media player that sticks to the bottom of the screen when the play button is hit. I have multiple posts each one with a audio file uploaded to it from my wordpress media libarary, currently they play fine but my ideal scenario is that a user can play any one of those files and have it continuously play as a sticky(fixed) div at the bottom of the screen as they navigate the site. I’ve searched high and low for a plugin that fits the bill, but I honestly can’t find anything and I thought someone might have an idea how I could proceed with this, whether I need to contact a professional coder to develop something specifically or if theres a simple solution to this that I’m just not seeing?

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Your site requires a login so unfortunately we can’t see it.

Are you able to provide an example of what you are trying to achieve from other sites?

Let me know πŸ™‚

JANEK

Hey Leo, can I send you a private message or email with the details to view my site?

What I’m trying to achieve is a similar thing to Serial Podcast when you click play you will see the popup player. https://serialpodcast.org/season-two/1/dustwun

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

I’m not 100% from looking at the code but I believe this is what they are using:
    https://wordpress.org/plugins/mp3-jplayer/

Have you tried this one already by any chance?

JANEK

Funny you should say that, Leo. I just stumbled across it in the past hour. I havent had a good look at it yet to see if it works. Ill set some time up to do that tonight and let you know how that goes. I did see the plugin hadnt been updated in 3 years so I was a bit worried about it not working to be honest.

JANEK

Hey Leo, I’ve given the plugin a crack. It seems to work fairly well for something that hasnt been updated in 3 major releases. I’ve even had to dig their site up from the waybackmachine to read the documentation since the site no longer exists.

Theres a few things that arent working correctly that I’d like to work out, which is odd since it seems to work on the Serial Podcast site well enough. When you checked it out did it look like a heavily modified version of the original plugin. I’m just wondering if this needs further work to get to where it needs to be, could you make any recommendations of who I might be able to hire to do this? I assume the Generate Staff don’t offer their services for a fee in this regard?

I’ll probably try a few tweaks to get in more inline with Serials jplayer, but knowing theres another option if its getting out of hand would be a relief.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Unfortunately I’m not sure who you might be able use and we don’t provide service like this.

You would try our Facebook group GeneratePress community. There are some developers up there who might be able to help.

This kind of plugins are pretty slim picking. If you can find another example then I can try to tell what they are using again πŸ™‚

JANEK

Thanks Leo, I might give that a go if I’m pulling out my hair. I’ve got a related question but it’s more for WP Show Posts so I’ll take it over to that forum.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

No problem πŸ™‚

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.