[Resolved] Performance on Mobile

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Performance on Mobile

Home Forums Support Performance on Mobile

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Lal

I am getting good scores for desktop on Google Page Speed (in the 90s).

But the Mobile score on performance is in the mid-60s.

That score was 86 with the WPTouch PRO plugin. But yesterday, that plugin update caused my website to crash. They have not yet fixed the issue.

1. Can you make any suggestions to improve that mobile score (tweaking GP settings)?
    2. Do you recommend a plugin to improve mobile performance?

Thank you!

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Have you run a test with all plugins disabled except for GP Premium and GenerateBlocks?

That would narrow down the issue.

Any chance you can link us to the page in question?

You can use the private information field:
    https://docs.generatepress.com/article/using-the-premium-support-forum/#private-information

Let me know 🙂

Lal

Hi Leo,

I use the Classic editor and not Gutenberg. So, I only use the GP Premium and not Generate Blocks. I have over 600 pages on the website.

I have a forum on the website and Uber Menu running. So, I am a bit uncomfortable about turning off other plugins. I have 21 plugins.

It is not a huge issue since it is only the Performance on Mobile at the 60-70 range. Other scores for the Mobile are in the 90s. I will put a link to the Mobile performance in the private section.

Thank you!

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

I have a forum on the website and Uber Menu running. So, I am a bit uncomfortable about turning off other plugins. I have 21 plugins.

In that case, you would want to start a staging site and go through the tests I mention to get some more clues.

Lal

Does Generate Press recommend any “mobile-friendly” plugins that can help improve the mobile experience?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Mobile Friendly plugins… no, as GP is mobile friendly out the box.
    Most of your performance issues are related to code being loaded by other plugins.

For example – the Uber Menu loads several scripts as well as 2 x Font Awesome libraries. Might be worth asking the plugin author if that can be changed to load just the necessary icons ( ie. the sub menu toggles ).

The Dark Mode scripts is also adding loading time to the site.

And then there is the code that WP adds for blocks.
    Considering you’re not using block editor try adding this PHP Snippet to your site to remove the redundnant code:

function db_dequeue_core_block_styles(){
        wp_dequeue_style( 'wp-block-library' );
    	wp_dequeue_style( 'wp-block-library-theme' );
    } 
    add_action( 'wp_enqueue_scripts', 'db_dequeue_core_block_styles', 100 );
    remove_action( 'wp_body_open', 'wp_global_styles_render_svg_filters' );
    remove_action( 'render_block', 'wp_render_duotone_support', 10 );
    remove_action( 'wp_enqueue_scripts', 'wp_enqueue_global_styles' );
    remove_action( 'wp_footer', 'wp_enqueue_global_styles', 1 );

Regarding GP, in Customizer > General, switch the Icon Type to SVG. That will remove one more network request

Lal

Thank you, David!

I did implement the second suggestion.

But I was trying to use the “WP Code” plugin to add your PHP code, and it does not allow me to select the “PHP snippets only” selection.

I selected the “Site Wide Header” option, and it gave the following error on top of the web page (web page did load):

function db_dequeue_core_block_styles(){ wp_dequeue_style( ‘wp-block-library’ ); wp_dequeue_style( ‘wp-block-library-theme’ ); } add_action( ‘wp_enqueue_scripts’, ‘db_dequeue_core_block_styles’, 100 ); remove_action( ‘wp_body_open’, ‘wp_global_styles_render_svg_filters’ ); remove_action( ‘render_block’, ‘wp_render_duotone_support’, 10 ); remove_action( ‘wp_enqueue_scripts’, ‘wp_enqueue_global_styles’ ); remove_action( ‘wp_footer’, ‘wp_enqueue_global_styles’, 1 );

Any suggestions? Thanks!

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Use the Code Snippets plugin:

https://wordpress.org/plugins/code-snippets/

Lal

Thanks, David. It worked!

I appreciate the quick and helpful responses at the forum.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

You’re welcome!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.