[Resolved] Parent Page options does not match Published page list

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Parent Page options does not match Published page list

Home Forums Support Parent Page options does not match Published page list

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Jason

Hi there. First post in the forum. Details below:
    GP Premium 1.9.1
    All modules activated except WooCommerce. Only using Global and Home Header elements.
    Theme 2.4.1
    Wordpress 5.2.5
    WIN8.1 PC Using Chrome
    Site being built from scratch, no imports
    Using Localhost via xampp

Problem
    When I view the site via dashboard I see all the created and published pages with any associated parent page association. I have no draft pages. But currently when I try to add a page, the list of pages in the page attribute (parent) section is not showing all the published pages. One whole section is also duplicated in the parent page list but not on the dashboard. Even today I’ve added multiple pages onto the site to the same parent page and yet after publishing, both are on the dashboard but only one is visible on the parent page list.
    I’m sure this mismatch needs some kind of reset or refresh. Logging out and restarting xampp makes no difference. I’ve followed the pre-topic checks, cleared the browser, no caching plugins, apart from what came with the GP Premium I’ve only added SEO Press and Yuzo.

Any pointers?
    Cheers,

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

First off just to cover the basics: did you try disabling plugins to see if either of them are conflicting ?

Secondly – are you using the Gutenberg Block editor ? As there have been several issues raised over the last 2 years of development relating to ‘missing’ page attributes or poor performance of the Parent Page list loading.

I am not sure if this has been corrected in latest editor releases. You can try installing the Gutenberg Plugin to see if that is the case.

https://wordpress.org/plugins/gutenberg/

The workarounds i seen on GitHub is to use the Quick Edit option in the Page view.

Jason

Hi David,
    Good shout. No plugin conflict. So the Quick Edit option has all the pages listed and will resolve the missing pages issue. I’m not using Gutenberg and to be honest I’m trying to reduce the number of plugins that I use. So I’ll stay with the Quick Edit workaround while I’m building and see if any later updates fix the known page attribute issue. I’ll have to see if I can use the same workaround on the duplicates. If not I’ll treat that as a separate issue. I will mark as resolved. Thanks for your time and quick response.
    Jason

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

You’re welcome

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.