[Support request] Parallax scrolling issue

Home Forums Support [Support request] Parallax scrolling issue

Home Forums Support Parallax scrolling issue

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Neil

Hi,

I have a landing page with lots of images (well three) between sections. I have parallax enabled on the images and all is fine but when the user scrolls down to the bottom of the page, the last image has already scrolled up and repeated. Is there a way to do both of the following?

1. Not start the image scrolling until it is in the viewport
    2. Stop the image from scrolling once the bottom of the image has been reached.

you can view the site here

Thanks,

Neil.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi Neil,

These are two things I’m looking into for the parallax script.

Unfortunately for now, parallax images should only be near the top of the page.

Neil

Hi Tom,

That’s fine for now but I would be really interested to see this functionality included. Any ideas when this is likely to happen? In my opinion it would take an already fantastic theme up a level. Do you have a feature request thread anywhere?

Thanks,

Neil.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

We’re most likely about 2 versions out from that happening.

You can create new threads for feature requests 🙂

Nathan

Hi Neil,

You may be able to stop your images from repeating by adding the following to your custom CSS:

.enable-parallax {
    	background-repeat: no-repeat;
    }

This has worked well for me.

Best,
    Nathan

Erol

Hi Neal and any other user who has same problem,

I had the same problem and solved my problems by using a simple plugin by Adam Rob here https://wordpress.org/plugins/adamrob-parallax-scroll/

I found that when I have the parallax bg image 1920x998px it all works fine without forcing the paddings with css but when I use a bg image that was 1350px wide it did not work without forcing the full width.
    Basicaly just set your section to full width for inner section too and use an image around 2000×1000 and it will work fine

Best regards

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.