[Support request] parallax background pictures in section on iPhone and iPad

Home Forums Support [Support request] parallax background pictures in section on iPhone and iPad

Home Forums Support parallax background pictures in section on iPhone and iPad

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Marjon Tas

Hi Tom,

I am trying to find a ‘final’ solution for the iPhone and iPad, where I would like to have a similar parallax effect as I made for other browsers.

I used a custum css class for the backgroundpictures and gave them this css (I didn’t use the parallax option in the section, to be more able to control the effect):

.parallax {
    background-attachment: fixed;
    background-position: center;
    background-repeat: no-repeat;
    background-size: cover;
    }

This works perfectly on android and on other browsers. As you know this doesnot work for iPhone and iPad. A workaround was to make a mediaquery for bigger than 767 px. So I avoid these devises. But I would really like to have a solution for iPhone and iPad, so it can be shown everywhere.

Is there maybe a hook and some custom css that would do the trick? I have more than one website with the same issue, so I would very much like to solve it with code for all of these sections in one time. Do you maybe have a good solution for this issue?

Thanks for helping!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

This thread might be helpful: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/23236158/how-to-replicate-background-attachment-fixed-on-ios

Let me know 🙂

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.